ANNALS OF THE NEW YORK ACADEMY OF SCIENCES
Evaluating the evidence base: Policies and interventions to address socioeconomic status gradients in healtha
Article first published online: 16 FEB 2010
© 2010 New York Academy of Sciences
Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences
Volume 1186, The Biology of Disadvantage: Socioeconomic Status and Health pages 240–251, February 2010
How to Cite
Dow, W. H., Schoeni, R. F., Adler, N. E. and Stewart, J. (2010), Evaluating the evidence base: Policies and interventions to address socioeconomic status gradients in healtha. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, 1186: 240–251. doi: 10.1111/j.1749-6632.2009.05386.x
- Issue published online: 18 FEB 2010
- Article first published online: 16 FEB 2010
- 41997. Evidence-Based Healthcare: How to Make Health Policy and Management Decisions. Churchill Livingstone. New York/Edinburgh .
- 52005. Evidence based? Caveat Emptor! Health Affair. 24: 80–92.& .
- 112005. Methods for the Economic Evaluation of Health Care Programmes, 3rd ed. Oxford University Press. Oxford., , , et al .
- 122008. The Marginal Cost of Public Funds: Theory and Applications. MIT Press. Boston .
- 132008. Economic value of improving the health of disadvantaged Americans. Technical report for overcoming obstacles to health: report from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation to the commission to build a healthier America.& .
- 192005. The Guide to Community Preventive Services: What Works to Promote Health? Oxford University Press. New York ., & .
- 212007. The Productivity Argument for Investing in Young Children. NBER Working Paper No.13016.& .
- 262008. Education and health: evaluating theory and evidence. In Making Americans Healthier: Social and Economic Policy as Health Policy. R.Schoeni, J.House, G.Kaplan & H.Pollack, Eds.: Russell Sage: 29–60. New York .& .
- 272006. Education and nonmarket outcomes. In Handbook of the Economics of Education, Vol. 1. E.Hanushek & F.Welch, Eds.: 577–633. Elsevier Science. Amsterdam , North-Holland .
- 312004. Covering the uninsured: what is it worth? Health Affairs 23: w157–w167., & .
- 36Commission to Build a Healthier America. 2009. Beyond Health Care: New Directions to a Healthier America. Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. Accessed April 6, 2009 http://www.commissiononhealth.net/Report.aspx?Publication=64498.