Compensatory Growth of Juvenile Olive Flounder, Paralichthys olivaceus L., and Changes in Proximate Composition and Body Condition Indexes during Fasting and after Refeeding in Summer Season
Version of Record online: 18 MAY 2006
Journal of the World Aquaculture Society
Volume 37, Issue 2, pages 168–174, June 2006
How to Cite
Cho, S. H., Lee, S.-M., Park, B. H., Ji, S.-C., Lee, J., Bae, J. and Oh, S.-Y. (2006), Compensatory Growth of Juvenile Olive Flounder, Paralichthys olivaceus L., and Changes in Proximate Composition and Body Condition Indexes during Fasting and after Refeeding in Summer Season. Journal of the World Aquaculture Society, 37: 168–174. doi: 10.1111/j.1749-7345.2006.00023.x
- Issue online: 18 MAY 2006
- Version of Record online: 18 MAY 2006
- 2002. Influence of different dietary amino acid patterns on growth and body composition of juvenile Japanese flounder, Paralichthys olivaceus. Aquaculture 210:359–369. , , , , and .
- AOAC (Association of Official Analytical Chemists) . 1990. Official methods of analysis, 15th edition. Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Arlington, Virginia, USA.
- 1973. The effects of starvation and subsequent feeding on survival and growth of Fulton channel sockeye salmon fry. Journal of Fisheries Research Board of Canada 30:1–5. . and .
- 2005a. Effect of alternate-week feeding strategies on growth and feed efficiency ratio of juvenile Nile tilapia, Oreochromis niloticus in a recirculating system. Journal of Fisheries Science and Technology 8:128–131. .
- 2005b. Compensatory growth of juvenile flounder Paralichthys olivaceus L. and changes in biochemical composition and body condition indices during starvation and after refeeding during the winter season. Journal of the World Aquaculture Society 36:508–514. .
- 2005. The effect of different feeding strategies on the growth of young Nile tilapia, Oreochromis niloticus L. in a freshwater recirculating system during summer. Journal of Fisheries Science and Technology 8:38–42. . and .
- 1998. Risk-taking behavior in weight-compensating coho salmon, Oncorhynchus kisutch. Behavioral Ecology 9:26–32. . and .
- 1955. Multiple range and multiple F tests. Biometrics 11:1–42. .
- 1997. Effects of arachidonic acid on pigmentation and fatty acid composition of Japanese flounder, Paralichthys olivaceus (Temminck and Schlegel). Aquaculture Research 28:279–289. , , and .
- 1976. Optimum dietary protein to energy ratios for channel catfish fingerlings, Ictalurus punctatus. Journal of Nutrition 106:1368–1375. . and .
- 2000. Assessment of compensatory growth in channel catfish Ictalurus punctatus R. and associated changes in body condition indices. Journal of the World Aquaculture Society 31:326–336. . and .
- 2001. Dietary protein and energy modifications to maximize compensatory growth of channel catfish (Ictalurus punctatus). Aquaculture 194:337–348. . and .
- 2001. Growth performance, body composition and plasma thyroid hormone status of channel catfish (Ictalurus punctatus) in response to short-term feed deprivation and refeeding. Fish Physiology and Biochemistry 24:73–79. , , and .
- 1996. Interindividual variations in feeding and growth in rainbow trout during restricted feeding and in a subsequent period of compensatory growth. Journal of Fish Biology 49:658–667. . and .
- 2002. Essentiality of dietary n-3 highly unsaturated fatty acids in juvenile Japanese flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus). Journal of the World Aquaculture Society 33:432–440. , , , , and .
- KNSO (Korea National Statistical Office) . 2004. Korea National Statistical Office. KOSIS Statistical DB, DaeJeon, Korea.
- 2000a. Effects of dietary protein and energy levels on growth and body composition of juvenile flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus). Journal of the World Aquaculture Society 31:306–315. , , and .
- 2000b. Effects of feeding frequency and dietary energy level on growth and body composition of juvenile olive flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus). Aquaculture Research 12:917–923. , , and .
- 2002. Dietary protein requirement of young Japanese flounder Paralichthys olivaceus fed isocaloric diets. Fisheries Science 68:158–164. , , and .
- 2003. Short- and long-term effects of refeeding on key enzyme activities in glycolysis-gluconenogenesis in the liver of gilthead seabream (Sparus aurata). Aquaculture 223:99–107. , , and .
- 1989. Effects of feeding regime on food consumption, growth rates and tissue nucleic acids in juvenile Arctic charr, Salvelinus alpinus, with particular respect to compensatory growth. Journal of Fish Biology 34:947–957. . and .
- 2000. Compensatory growth, feed utilization and activity in gibel carp, following feed deprivation. Journal of Fish Biology 56:228–232. , , , and .
- 1990. The effect of feed cycling and ration level on the compensatory growth response in rainbow trout, Oncorhynchus mykiss. Journal of Fish Biology 37:33–41. . and .
- 1998. Effect of fasting and refeeding on growth and body composition of red porgy, Pagrus pagrus L. Aquaculture Research 29:447–452. , , , , and .
- 1999. The effects of ration level on feed intake and growth, and compensatory growth after restricted feeding, in turbot Scophthalmus maximus L. Aquaculture Research 30:647–653. . and .
- 2003. A single phase of food deprivation provoked compensatory growth in barramundi Lates calcarifer. Aquaculture 224:169–179. . and .
- 2004. Effects of previous ration restriction on compensatory growth in barramundi Lates calcarifer. Aquaculture 235:273–283. . and .
- 2000. Compensatory growth in hybrid tilapia, Oreochromis mossambicus×O. niloticus, reared in seawater. Aquaculture 189:101–108. , , , and .
- 2001. Compensatory growth of the gibel carp following feed deprivation: temporal patterns in growth, nutrient deposition, feed intake and body composition. Journal of Fish Biology 8:999–1009. , , , , , and .
- 2001. Comparison of compensatory growth responses of juvenile three-spined stickleback and minnow following similar food deprivation protocols. Journal of Fish Biology 58:1149–1165. , , , and .
- 2004. Compensatory growth and food consumption in gibel carp, Carassius auratus gibelio and Chinese longsnout catfish, Leiocassis longirostris, experiencing cycles of feed deprivation and re-feeding. Aquaculture 241:235–247. , , , , , , and .