Pandemic influenza vaccines: meeting the supply, distribution and deployment challenges
Version of Record online: 1 JUN 2009
© 2009 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses
Volume 3, Issue 4, pages 165–170, July 2009
How to Cite
Hessel, L. and The European Vaccine Manufacturers (EVM) Influenza Working Group (2009), Pandemic influenza vaccines: meeting the supply, distribution and deployment challenges. Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses, 3: 165–170. doi: 10.1111/j.1750-2659.2009.00085.x
- Issue online: 15 JUN 2009
- Version of Record online: 1 JUN 2009
- Accepted 5 May 2009. Published Online 2 June 2009.
- 1European Medicines Agency. Pandemrix European Public Assessment Report. Summary of Product Characteristics. 2008; Available at http://www.emea.europa.eu/humandocs/PDFs/EPAR/pandemrix/H-832-PI-en.pdf (Accessed 28 May 2009).
- 2International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers & Associations Influenza Vaccine Supply International Task Force. Industry provides significant voluntary contributions to global pandemic preparations. 2008; available at http://www.ifpma.org/influenza/content/pdfs/WHO_IGM/2008_11_Industry_Contributions_to_Pandemic_Preparations.pdf (Accessed 28 May 2009).
- 5Novartis. Novartis MF59®-adjuvanted vaccine rapidly induces protective antibody levels against diverse strains of avian flu. 2008; Company press release, available at http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/123088.php (Accessed 28 May 2009).
- 6GlaxoSmithKline. New data for GlaxoSmithKline’s pre-pandemic H5N1 influenza vaccine, Prepandrix™, show administration flexibility for pandemic planning. 2008; Company press release, available at http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/121877.php (Accessed 28 May 2008).
- 7An adjuvanted, low-dose, pandemic influenza A (H5N1) vaccine candidate is safe, immunogenic, and induces cross-reactive immune responses in healthy adults. J Infect Dis 2008; 298:242–249., , et al.
- 10The International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers & Associations Influenza Vaccine Supply (IFPMA IVS) task force. Influenza Vaccine Distribution in 141 Countries, 2004–2007. 2008; presented at: Third European Influenza Conference. Vilamoura, Portugal, 14–17 September .
- 14US Department of Health and Human Services and US Department of Homeland Security. Guidance on allocating and targeting pandemic influenza vaccine. available at http://www.pandemicflu.gov/vaccine/allocationguidance.pdf (accessed 12 January 2009).