These authors contributed equally to this work.
Estimates of the impact of a future influenza pandemic in China
Version of Record online: 15 JUL 2009
© 2009 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses
Volume 3, Issue 5, pages 223–231, September 2009
How to Cite
Yu, H., Feng, L., Peng, Z., Feng, Z., Shay, D. K. and Yang, W. (2009), Estimates of the impact of a future influenza pandemic in China. Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses, 3: 223–231. doi: 10.1111/j.1750-2659.2009.00093.x
- Issue online: 18 AUG 2009
- Version of Record online: 15 JUL 2009
- Accepted 3 June 2009. Published Online 14 July 2009.
- 1World Health Organization. Cumulative number of confirmed human cases of avian influenza A/(H5N1) reported to WHO. Available at http://www.who.int/csr/disease/avian_influenza/country/cases_table_2009_04_17/en/index.html (Accessed 25 April 2009).
- 7World Health Organization. WHO global influenza preparedness plan, the role of WHO and recommendations for national measures before and during pandemics, 2005. WHO/CDS/CSR/GIP/2005.5. Available at http://www.who.int/csr/resources/publications/influenza/en/WHO_CDS_CSR_GIP_2005_5.pdf (Accessed 25 April 2009).
- 10Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Pandemic influenza preparedness tools for professionals. Available at http://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic/preparednesstools.htm (Accessed 25 April 2009).
- 13Estimating the impact of the next influenza pandemic on population health and health sector capacity in New Zealand. N Z Med J 2005; 118:1346–1355., , .
- 20Modelling the economic impact of pandemic influenza in the United States: implications for setting priorities for intervention. Background paper. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/eid/vol5no5/melt_back.htm (Accessed 25 April 2009)., , .
- 23The Spanish Influenza Among Norwegian Ethnic Minorities 1918–1919. Oslo: Memorandum from Department of Economics University of Oslo, 2001..
- 25Department of population, social, science and technology statistics, National Bureau of Statistics of China. China Population Statistics Yearbook 2003. [In Chinese]. Beijing: China Statistics Press, 2003.
- 26Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Prevention and control of influenza: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on immunization practices (ACIP). MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2007; 56(RR-6):1–54.
- 35FluSurge2.0: a Manual to Assist State and Local Public Health Officials and Hospital Administrators in Estimating the Impact of an Influenza Pandemic on Hospital Surge Capacity (Beta Test Version). Atlanta: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2005., , .
- 36Scenario Analysis of the Expected Number of Hospitalizations and Deaths due to Pandemic Influenza in the Netherlands. Bilthoven: RIVM, 2002., , .
- 38Global Macroeconomic Consequences of Pandemic Influenza. Sydney: Lowy Institute for International Policy, 2006., .
- 39National Bureau of Statistics of China. China Statistical Yearbook 2006. Beijing: China Statistics Press, 2006.