Experimental challenge and pathology of highly pathogenic avian influenza virus H5N1 in dunlin (Calidris alpina), an intercontinental migrant shorebird species
Version of Record online: 15 MAR 2011
Published 2011. This article is a US Government work and is in the public domain in the USA
Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses
Volume 5, Issue 5, pages 365–372, September 2011
How to Cite
Hall, J. S., Franson, J. C., Gill, R. E., Meteyer, C. U., TeSlaa, J. L., Nashold, S., Dusek, R. J. and Ip, H. S. (2011), Experimental challenge and pathology of highly pathogenic avian influenza virus H5N1 in dunlin (Calidris alpina), an intercontinental migrant shorebird species. Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses, 5: 365–372. doi: 10.1111/j.1750-2659.2011.00238.x
- Issue online: 10 AUG 2011
- Version of Record online: 15 MAR 2011
- Accepted 16 January 2011, Published Online 14 March 2011.
- 2Wild birds and the epidemiology of avian influenza. J Wildl Dis 2007; 43(Suppl):S15–S20., .
- 172008) Conservation Plan for Dunlin with Breeding Populations in North America (Calidris alpina arcticola, C. a. pacifica, and C. a. hudsonia), Version 1.0. Manomet, MA: Manomet Center for Conservation Sciences., , , , . (
- 19United States Interagency Strategic Plan: an early detection system for highly pathogenic H5N1 avian influenza in wild migratory birds. 2006. Available at http://www.doi.gov/issues/birdflu_strategicplan.pdf (Accessed June 2009).
- 28A simple method for estimating fifty per cent endpoints. Am J Hyg 1938; 27:493–497., .
- 32Effects of influenza A virus infection on migrating mallard ducks. Proc Biol Sci 2008; 9:2345–2349., , , et al.
- 34A difference in prey selection by adult and immature peregrine falcons during autumn migration. ICBP Technical Bulletin No. 5, 1985., .
- 35Avian influenza in Saudi falcons. Falco Newsletter. 2006:27:21. Available at http://www.savethesaker.com/images/falco%2027.pdf (Accessed June 2009)..