Estimating age-specific influenza-related hospitalization rates during the pandemic (H1N1) 2009 in Davidson Co, TN
Article first published online: 23 FEB 2012
© 2012 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses
Volume 6, Issue 3, pages e63–e71, May 2012
How to Cite
Jules, A., Grijalva, C. G., Zhu, Y., Talbot, K. H., Williams, J. V., Dupont, W. D., Edwards, K. M., Schaffner, W., Shay, D. K. and Griffin, M. R. (2012), Estimating age-specific influenza-related hospitalization rates during the pandemic (H1N1) 2009 in Davidson Co, TN. Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses, 6: e63–e71. doi: 10.1111/j.1750-2659.2012.00343.x
- Issue published online: 12 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 23 FEB 2012
- Accepted 14 January 2012. Published Online 23 Februray 2012.
- 1Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Update: influenza activity – United States, August 30, 2009–March 27, 2010, and composition of the 2010–11 influenza vaccine. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2010; 59:423–430.
- 2Tennessee Department of Health Influenza-Like Illness Surveillance Summary Archive. 2010.
- 3Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Update: influenza activity – United States, August 30, 2009–January 9, 2010. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2010; 59:38–43.
- 5Census Bureau. Annual Estimates of the Resident Population by sex, race, age, and Hispanic Origin for the United States: April 1, 2000 to July 1, 2009 (NC-EST 2009-03). 2010.
- 7Prevention and control of seasonal influenza with vaccines recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP), 2009. Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2009; 58:1–51., , et al.
- 8WHO. The WHO Collaborating Centre for influenza at CDC Atlanta USA. CDC Realtime RTPCR (rRTPCR) Protocol for Detection and Characterization of Swine Influenza (version 2009). Atlanta, GA: WHO, 2009.
- 9Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). CDC Website Vaccine and Immunizations. Atlanta, GA: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2010.
- 14Monitoring the Health of Populations: Statistical Principles and Methods for Public Health Surveillance. Oxford, New York: Oxford University Press, 2004., .
- 19An Introduction to the Bootstrap. New York, NY: Chapman & Hall, 1993., .
- 27Surveillance of hospitalisations for 2009 pandemic influenza A(H1N1) in the Netherlands, 5 June – 31 December 2009. Euro Surveill 2010; 15:9–16., , et al.