Rate of introduction of a low pathogenic avian influenza virus infection in different poultry production sectors in the Netherlands
Version of Record online: 29 FEB 2012
© 2012 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses
Volume 7, Issue 1, pages 6–10, January 2013
How to Cite
Gonzales, J. L., Stegeman, J. A., Koch, G., de Wit, S. J. and Elbers, A. R. W. (2013), Rate of introduction of a low pathogenic avian influenza virus infection in different poultry production sectors in the Netherlands. Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses, 7: 6–10. doi: 10.1111/j.1750-2659.2012.00348.x
- Issue online: 17 DEC 2012
- Version of Record online: 29 FEB 2012
- Accepted 25 January 2012. Published Online 29 February 2012.
- 1European Commission. Commission Decision 2007/268/EC of 13 April 2007 on the implementation of surveillance programmes for avian influenza in poultry and wild birds to be carried out in the Member States and amending Decision 2004/450/EC. OJEU 2007; 115:2003.
- 2Low-pathogenic notifiable avian influenza serosurveillance and the risk of infection in poultry – a critical review of the European Union active surveillance programme (2005–2007). Influenza Other Respir Viruses 2010; 4:91–99., , , , , .
- 4PVE. Livestock, Meat and Eggs in the Netherlands. Zoetermeer: Product Board for Livestock, Meat and Eggs, 2011. Available at http://www.pve.nl (Accessed 15 August 2011).
- 6Outdoor ranging of poultry: a major risk factor for the introduction and development of High-Pathogenicity Avian Influenza. NJAS 2006; 54:179–194., .
- 7European Commission. SANCO/10110/2008. Survey Programme for Avian Influenza in Poultry and Wild Birds: the Netherlands, Brussels: European Commission, 2008. Available at http://ec.europa.eu/food/animal/diseases/eradication/program2008/2008_vetprog_avian_influenza/2008_vetprog_avian_influenza_the_netherlands.pdf (accessed 30 July 2011).
- 8R Development Core Team. R: A Language and Environment for Statistical Computing. Vienna, Austria: Foundation for Statistical Computing; 2005. Available at http://www.r-project.org (accessed 5 January 2011).
- 10SatScan. Software for the Spatial, Temporal, and Space-Time Scan Statistics. Boston, USA: Information Management Services Inc., 2011. Available at http://www.satscan.org/techdoc.html (accessed 5 July 2011)..