Increased reactions to pediatric influenza vaccination following concomitant pneumococcal vaccination
Version of Record online: 12 APR 2012
© 2012 Blackwell Publishing Ltd and Her Majesty the Queen in Right of Canada 2012. Reproduced with the permission of the Minister Health
Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses
Volume 7, Issue 2, pages 184–190, March 2013
How to Cite
Van Buynder, P. G., Frosst, G., Van Buynder, J. L., Tremblay, F.-W., Ross, A., Jardine, C. and Fei, B. G. (2013), Increased reactions to pediatric influenza vaccination following concomitant pneumococcal vaccination. Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses, 7: 184–190. doi: 10.1111/j.1750-2659.2012.00364.x
- Issue online: 11 FEB 2013
- Version of Record online: 12 APR 2012
- Accepted for publication 18 February 2012. Published Online 12 April 2012.
- 14Therapeutic Goods Administration. Investigation into febrile reactions in young children following 2010 seasonal trivalent influenza vaccination. Woden: Department of Health and Ageing. 24 September 2010. Available from: http://www.tga.gov.au/alerts/medicines/fluvaccine-report100702.pdf
- 15Quantifying benefits and risks of vaccinating Australian children aged six months to four year with trivalent inactivated seasonal influenza vaccine in 2010. Euro Surveill 2010; 15:pil1 + 9661, Available from: http://www.eurosurveillance.org/ViewArticle.aspx?ArticleId=19661., , , .
- 16Epidemiological study of severe febrile reactions in young children in Western Australia caused by a 2010 trivalent influenza vaccine. BMJ Open 2011; 25:25–25, 1:e000016 doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2010-000016., , et al.
- 18Australian Government. Review of the management of adverse events associated with Panvax and Fluvax, Available from: http://www.health.gov.au/internet/immunise/publishing.nsf/Content/adverse-eve-nt-l~adverse-event-l-ch5.
- 21Public Health Agency of Canada. Statement on seasonal trivalent inactivated influenza vaccine (TIV) for 2010–2011. Can Commun Dis Rep 2010; 6:1–49, http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/publicat/ccdr-rmtc/10vol36/acs-6/index-eng.php .
- 22Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Update on febrile seizures in children following vaccination with influenza vaccines and pneumococcal vaccines. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Available from: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/Concerns/FebrileSeizures.html.
- 26Centers for Disease Control Prevention. Use of combination measles, mumps, rubella, and varicella vaccine: recommendations of the advisory committee on immunization practices. MMWR 2010; 59:RR–3, Available from: http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/pdf/rr/rr5903.pdf.