Institution where the work has been conducted: National Center for Laboratory and Epidemiology (NCLE), Ministry of Health, Lao People’s Democratic Republic.
Epidemiological and virological characteristics of seasonal and pandemic influenza in Lao PDR, 2008–2010
Article first published online: 21 JUN 2012
© 2012 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses
Volume 7, Issue 3, pages 304–311, May 2013
How to Cite
Khamphaphongphane, B., Ketmayoon, P., Lewis, H. C., Phonekeo, D., Sisouk, T., Xayadeth, S., Ongkhammy, S., Vongphrachanh, P., Tsuyuoka, R., Moen, A. and Corwin, A. (2013), Epidemiological and virological characteristics of seasonal and pandemic influenza in Lao PDR, 2008–2010. Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses, 7: 304–311. doi: 10.1111/j.1750-2659.2012.00394.x
- Issue published online: 17 APR 2013
- Article first published online: 21 JUN 2012
- Accepted 29 April 2012. Published Online 21 June 2012.
- 1WHO. Influenza: Report by the Secreteriat. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2003.
- 9National Statistics Centre. Population census 2005. National Statistics Centre of the Lao PDR. 2005.
- 10WHO. National influenza centres. Available at http://www.who.int/influenza/gisrs_laboratory/national_influenza_centres/en/ (accessed 16 August 2011).
- 11WHO. Global influenza surveillance and response system. Available from: http://www.who.int/influenza/gisrs_laboratory/en/ (accessed 16 August 2011).
- 13WHO Collaborating Centre for influenza. CDC Protocol of Realtime RTPCR for Influenza A (H1N1). Atlanta, GA: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2009.
- 14Concepts and Procedures for Laboratory-Based Influenza Surveillance. Geneva: World Health Organization, 1982., , .
- 15WHO. Manual for the Laboratory Diagnosis and Virological Surveillance of Influenza. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2011.
- 20University of Health Sciences. Respiratory illness health seeking behavior assessment in peri-urban and rural areas in the Lao People’s Democratic Republic. University of Health Sciences Lao PDR, National Centre for Laboratory and Epidemiology, CARE International., US CDC, WHO, 2010.
- 28WHO. Recommendations for influenza vaccine composition. Available at http://www.who.int/influenza/vaccines/vaccinerecommendations1/en/index.html (accessed 20 January 2012).
- 29WHO. Global influenza surveillance and response system flunet charts. Available at http://www.who.int/csr/disease/influenza/influenzanetwork/flunet/charts/en/index.html (accessed 18 August 2011).