Formation of Biocompatible Nanoparticles via the Self-Assembly of Chitosan and Modified Lecithin
Version of Record online: 7 NOV 2008
© 2008 Institute of Food Technologists®
Journal of Food Science
Volume 74, Issue 1, pages N1–N8, January/February 2009
How to Cite
Chuah, A.M., Kuroiwa, T., Ichikawa, S., Kobayashi, I. and Nakajima, M. (2009), Formation of Biocompatible Nanoparticles via the Self-Assembly of Chitosan and Modified Lecithin. Journal of Food Science, 74: N1–N8. doi: 10.1111/j.1750-3841.2008.00985.x
- Issue online: 21 JAN 2009
- Version of Record online: 7 NOV 2008
- MS 20080517 Submitted 7/9/2008, Accepted 9/22/2008
- 2006. Freeze-drying of nanoparticles: formulation, process and storage considerations. Adv Drug Deliv Rev 58:1688–713. , , , .
- 2000. Nanoparticles based on polyelectrolyte complexes: effect of structure and net charge on the sorption capability for solved organic molecules. Colloid Polym Sci 278:841–7. , , .
- 2005. Chitosan/β-lactoglobulin core-shell nanoparticles as nutraceutical carriers. Biomaterials 26:6041–53. , .
- 2006. Food protein-based materials as nutraceutical delivery systems. Trends Food Sci Technol 17:272–83. , , .
- 2007. Polyelectrolyte complexes based on chitosan and poly(L-glutamic acid). Polym Int 56:1122–7. , , , , , .
- 1997. Polyelectrolyte complex formation in highly aggregating systems. 1. Effect of salt: polyelectrolyte complex formation in the presence of NaCl. Macromolecules 30:7810–5. .
- 2001. Polyelectrolyte complex formation in highly aggregating systems: methodical aspects and general tendencies. In: RadevaT, editor. Physical chemistry of polyelectrolytes. New York : Marcel Dekker Inc. p 743–92. .
- 2005. Novel polyelectrolyte carboxymethyl konjac glucomannan-chitosan nanoparticles for drug delivery. I. Physicochemical characterization of the carboxymethyl konjac glucomannan-chitosan nanoparticles. Biopolymers 78:1–8. , , , , , .
- 2005. The potential advantages of nanoparticle drug delivery systems in chemotherapy of tuberculosis. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 172:1487–90. , , , .
- 2006. Unique milk protein based nanotubes: food and nanotechnology meet. Trends Food Sci Technol 7:196–203. , .
- 2005. Formation of biocompatible nanoparticles by self-assembly of enzymatic hydrolysates of chitosan and carboxymethyl cellulose. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 69:1637–42. , , .
- 1984. A new class of complex water-soluble polyelectrolytes. Makromol Chem 6:259–76. , .
- 2006. Cyclosporine nanosuspensions: optimized size characterization and oral formulation. [PhD thesis]. Berlin , Germany : Freie Univ. Berlin. p 221–32. Available from: FU Berlin Digitale Dissertation (http://www.diss.fu-berlin.de/2006/512/indexe.html). Accessed Jul 9, 2008. .
- 2006. Enhanced lutein bioavailability by lyso-phosphatidylcholine in rats. Mol Cell Biochem 281:103–10. , , , .
- 2005. Food emulsions: principles, practice and techniques. 2nd ed. Boca Raton , Fla. : CRC Press. .
- 2003. Nanotechnology: a new frontier in food science. Food Technol 57:12–29. , , , , , .
- 1970. Two-dimensional thin layer chromatographic separation of polar lipids and determination of phospholipids by phosphorus analysis of spots. Lipids 5:494–6. , , .
- 2006. Nanoscale materials development—a food industry perspective. Trends Food Sci Technol 17:547–56. , .
- 2004a. Versatile and efficient formation of colloids of biopolymer-based polyelectrolyte complexes. Biomacromolecules 5:1882–92. , , , , .
- 2004b. Formation and properties of positively charged colloids based on polyelectrolyte complexes of biopolymers. Langmuir 20:7766–78. , , , , , .
- 1998. Structure and technofunctional properties of protein-polysaccharide complexes: a review. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr 38:689–753. , , , .
- 2005. Chitin, chitosan, and co-products: chemistry, production, applications, and health effects. Adv Food Nutr Res 49:93–135. , .
- 2005. Development and production of functional materials. Shokuhin Kougyo 48:1–9 (in Japanese). .
- 2006. Formation of self-organized nanoparticles by lecithin/chitosan ionic interaction. Int J Pharm 324:67–73. , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Lysophosphatidylcholine enhances carotenoid uptake from mixed micelles by Caco-2 human intestinal cells. J Nutr 131:2921–7. , , , , , .
- 1972. Interaction of poly(styrene sulfonate) with polycations carrying charges in the chain backbone. J Polym Sci 10:3397–404. , , .
- 2001. Chitosan for mucosal vaccination. Adv Drug Deliv Rev 52:139–44. , , , .
- 2002. Design of biodegradable particles for protein delivery. J Control Release 78:15–24. , , , , .