Enzymatic Hydrolysis of Recovered Protein from Frozen Small Croaker and Functional Properties of Its Hydrolysates
Version of Record online: 20 NOV 2008
© 2008 Institute of Food Technologists®
Journal of Food Science
Volume 74, Issue 1, pages C17–C24, January/February 2009
How to Cite
Choi, Y. J., Hur, S., Choi, B.-D., Konno, K. and Park, J. W. (2009), Enzymatic Hydrolysis of Recovered Protein from Frozen Small Croaker and Functional Properties of Its Hydrolysates. Journal of Food Science, 74: C17–C24. doi: 10.1111/j.1750-3841.2008.00988.x
- Issue online: 21 JAN 2009
- Version of Record online: 20 NOV 2008
- MS 20070856 Submitted 11/20/2007, Accepted 8/19/2008
- 1995. Screening of proteolytic enzymes to enhance forming of whey protein isolates. J Food Sci 60:1110–2. , , .
- AOAC. 1984. Official methods of analysis. Washington , D.C. : Assn. of Official Agricultural Chemists. p 16, 334, 431.
- 1996. Determining water and fat holding. In: HallGM, editor. Methods of testing protein functionality. New York : Blackie Academic & Professional. p 186–225. .
- 1997. Protein hydrolysates from Pacific whiting solid wastes. J Agric Food Chem 45:3423–30. , .
- 2002. Production and characteristics of protein hydrolysate from sharp toothed eel (Muraenesox cinereus). J Korean Fish Soc 35:97–104. , .
- 1988. Solubility and emulsifying properties of casein and whey proteins modified enzymatically by trypsin. J Agric Food Chem 36:883–92. , , .
- 2003. Enzyme-induced gelation of extensively hydrolyzed whey proteins by Alcalase: comparison with the plastein reaction and characterization of interactions. J Agric Food Chem 51:6036–42. , , , .
- 2003. Interaction and functionality of mixed myofibrillar and enzyme-hydrolyzed soy proteins. J Food Sci 68:803–9. , .
- 2004. Influence of hydrolysis degree on the functional properties of salmon byproducts hydrolysates. J Food Sci 69:C615–C22. , , , .
- 2002. Production of cod (Gadus morhua) muscle hydrolysate. Influence of combinations of commercial enzyme preparations on hydrolysate peptide size range. J Agric Food Chem 50:5417–23. , .
- 1996. Emulsions. In: HallGM, editor. Methods of testing protein functionality. New York : Blackie Academic & Professional. p 153–85. .
- 1994. Quality of fish protein hydrolysates from herring (Clupea harengus). J Food Sci 59:76–9, 129. , .
- 2002. Processing of enzymatic hydrolysate conger eel scrap. J Korean Fish Soc 35:259–64. , , , , .
- 2003. Effect of enzymatic fish-scrap protein hydrolysate on gel-forming ability and denaturation of lizard fish Saurida wanieso surimi during frozen storage. Fisheries Sci 69:1271–80. , , , , , .
- 1999. A study on the rapid hydrolysis of fish using proteolytic bacteria isolated from anchovy Jeotkal. J Fish Sci Tech 2:36–43. , , , , , .
- 2002. Quality characteristics of the accelerate-fermented Northern sand lance, Ammodytes personatus, sauce. J Korean Fish Soc 35:709–14. , , .
- 2000a. Fish protein hydrolysates: production, biochemical, and functional properties. Criti Rev Food Sci Nutri 40:43–81. , .
- 2000b. Biochemical and functional properties of Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) muscle proteins hydrolyzed with various alkaline proteases. J Agric Food Chem 48:657–66. , .
- 2005. Enzymatic hydrolysis as a means of expanding the cold gelation conditions of soy proteins. J Agric Food Chem 53:1031–8. , , , , , .
- 1970. Cleavage of structural proteins during the assembly of the head of bacteriophage T4. Nature 227:680–2. .
- 1988. Studies on the processing conditions and the taste compounds of the sardine sauce extracts. J Korean Fish Soc 21:481–7. , , , .
- 1951. Protein measurement with the Folin phenol reagent. J Biol Chem 193:265–75. , , , .
- 1985. A collaborative study to develop a standardized food protein solubility procedure. J Food Sci 50:1715–8. , , , , , , , .
- 1997. Functionality of protein hydrolysate. In: DamodaranS, ParafA, editors. Food proteins and their applications. New York : Marcel Dekker Inc. p 443–72. .
- 2001. Improved method for determining food protein degree of hydrolysis. J Food Sci 66:642–6. , , .
- 1997. Effect of salts on some of the functional properties of bovine plasma protein concentrate. Food Chem 59:333–8. , .
- 2003. Surimi processing using acid and alkali solubilization of fish muscle protein. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 32:400–5. , , , , , .
- 1978. Emulsifying properties of proteins: evaluation a turbidimeter technique. J Agric Food Chem 26:716–23. , .
- 2005. Whey proteins solubility as function of temperature and pH. Lebensm Wiss u Technol 38:77–80. , .
- 1995. Production and characteristics of protein hydrolysates from capelin (Mallotus villosus). Food Chem 53:285–93. , , .
- 1991. Characteristics of sardine muscle hydrolysates prepared by various enzymic treatments. Nippon Suisan Gakkaishi 57:475–79. , , , .
- 2001. Emulsion properties of casein and whey protein hydrolysates and the relation with other hydrolysate characteristics. J Agric Food Chem 49:5005–12. , , , .
- 2008. Dispersed systems: basic considerations. In: DamodaranS, ParkinsKL, FennemaOR, editors. Fennema's food chemistry. New York : CRC Press. p 783–847. , .