Food Safety Knowledge of Cheese Consumers
Article first published online: 19 NOV 2008
© 2008 Institute of Food Technologists®
Journal of Food Science
Volume 74, Issue 1, pages M28–M30, January/February 2009
How to Cite
Planzer Jr., S.B., Da Cruz, A.G., Sant´ana, A.S., Silva, R., Moura, M.R.L. and De Carvalho, L.M.J. (2009), Food Safety Knowledge of Cheese Consumers. Journal of Food Science, 74: M28–M30. doi: 10.1111/j.1750-3841.2008.00995.x
- Issue published online: 21 JAN 2009
- Article first published online: 19 NOV 2008
- MS 20080451 Submitted 6/17/2008, Accepted 8/29/2008
- 1998. Cheese-associated outbreaks of human innless in the United States, 1973–1992: sanitary manufacturing practices protect consumers. J Food Prot 61:1405–7. , , , , .
- 2002. Occurrence of Staphylococcus and enterophatognes in soft cheese commercialized in the city of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. J Appl Microbiol 92:1172–7. , , , .
- 2004. Minas Frescal cheese: evaluation of quality and its observance of Brazilian guidelines. Rev Inst Adolfo Lutz 63:177–84. , , , , , .
- 2001. Implication of milk and milk products in food-borne diseases in France and in different industrialized countries. Intern J Food Microbiol 67:1–17. , , , .
- 2004. Open-air markets in São Paulo city: hygienic sanitary. Hig Aliment 18:37–42. , , .
- 2004. Quality Parameters in cheeses marketed in Distrito Federal, from 1997 to 2001. Hig Alim 18:49–53. , .
- 2002. Food poisoning due to enterotoxigenic strains of Staphylococcus present in Minas cheese and raw milk in Brazil. Food Microbiol 19: 9–14. , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. The quality of Minas Frescal cheese produced by different technological processes. Food Control 18:262–7. , , .
- 2007. Foodborne outbreak caused by Staphylococcus aureus: phenotypic and genotypic characterization of strains of food and human sources. J Food Prot 70:489–93. , , , , , , .
- 2007. Cheese industry profile. Available from: http://www.agmrc.org/agmrc/commodity/livestock/dairy/cheeseindustryprofile.htm1. Accessed Nov 10, 2007.
- 1998. Survival of bacterial pathogens in pasteurized process cheese slices stored at 30 °C. J Food Prot 61:290–4. , , .
- 2000. Survival of Salmonella Typhimurium and Escherichia coli 0157: H7 in cheese brines. Int J Food Microbiol 61:73–9. , , .
- 2006. A survey of foodborne pathogens in bulb tank milk and raw milk consumption among farms families in Pennsylvania. J Dairy Sci 89:2451–8. , , , , , .
- 1990. Microbiological safety of cheese made from heat-treated milk, part II. Microbiology. J Food Prot 53:519–40. , , .
- 1994. Growth and survival of Yersinia enterocolitica, Salmonella and Bacillus cereus in Brie stored at 4, 8 and 20 °C. Int J Food Microbiol 24:137–45. , .
- 2003. Market segmentation of cheese consumers: an approach using consumer's purchase behavior and sociodemographic variables. Int J Dairy Technol 56:149–56. , , , .
- Natl. Dairy Council. 2000. Newer knowledge of dairy foods. Available from: <http://www.nationaldairycouncil.org/NationalDairyCouncil/>. Accessed Apr 27, 2008.
- 2003. Phage typing of Salmonella Enteritidis from different sources in Brazil. J Food Prot 66:324–7. , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Habits towards informal milk consumed at Pirassununga city, associated the occurrence of foodborne diseases. Hig Alim 16:35–40. , , , , , , .
- 1998. Physical-chemical and microbiological features of Minas Frescal and Mussarela cheeses marketed in some dairy factories at São Paulo state. Hig Alim 12:31–6. , , , .
- [PHAC] Public Health Agency of Canada. 1999. Salmonella enteritidis outbreak due to contaminated cheese. Canada Communicable Disease Report 25:1–5. Available from: <http://www.phacaspc.gc.ca/publicat/ccdr-rmtc/99vol25/dr2503e.html. Accessed Apr 27, 2008.
- 1995. Survival of Listeria monocytogenes in cottage cheese. J Food Prot 58:128–31. , .
- 1998. Survival of bioluminescent Listeria monocytogenes and Escherichia coli O157: H7 in soft cheeses. J Dairy Sci 81:1810–1817. , , , , .
- 2005. Survival of Listeria monocytogenes in Galotyri, a traditional Greek soft acid-curd cheese, stored aerobically at 4 °C and 12 °C. Int Dairy J 15;59–67. , , , , , .
- 1998. Incidence of Listeria monocytogenes in cheese produced in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. J Food Prot 61:354–6. , , .
- 2003. Occurrence of Listeria spp. in critical control points and the environment of Minas Frescal cheese processing. Int J Food Microbiol 81:241–8. , , , .
- 2007. Prevalence of Mycobacterium avium subspecies paratuberculosis in Swiss raw milk cheeses collected at the retail level. J Dairy Sci 90:3590–5. , , , .
- 2004. Cheese quality at farmers markets: observation of vendor practices and survey of consumer perceptions. Food Control 15:579–87. , , .
- 2005. Introduction to statistics. Rio de Janeiro : LTC. .
- 2008. Probiotic foods: consumer attitude and perception. Int J Food Sci Technol 43:1577–80. , , , , .