In this manuscript a LAB strain was selected for development of safety and probiotic Iberian dry-fermented sausages. Enterococcus faecium SE906 were identified as a potential probiotic meat starter culture suitable for manufacture of these products. The technological properties should be verified by preparation of dry-fermented Iberian sausages using this strain individually and in combination with other starter cultures.
Safety and Functional Aspects of Preselected Enterococci for Probiotic Use in Iberian Dry-Fermented Sausages
Version of Record online: 18 AUG 2009
© 2009 Institute of Food Technologists®
Journal of Food Science
Volume 74, Issue 7, pages M398–M404, September 2009
How to Cite
Ruiz-Moyano, S., Martín, A., Benito, M. J., Aranda, E., Casquete, R. and Córdoba, M. d. G. (2009), Safety and Functional Aspects of Preselected Enterococci for Probiotic Use in Iberian Dry-Fermented Sausages. Journal of Food Science, 74: M398–M404. doi: 10.1111/j.1750-3841.2009.01290.x
- Issue online: 1 SEP 2009
- Version of Record online: 18 AUG 2009
- MS 20090375 Submitted 4/27/2009, Accepted 6/12/2009.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!