Reinventing R&D in an Open Innovation Ecosystem
Version of Record online: 1 MAR 2011
© 2011 Institute of Food Technologists®
Journal of Food Science
Volume 76, Issue 2, pages R62–R68, March 2011
How to Cite
Traitler, H., Watzke, H. J. and Saguy, I. S. (2011), Reinventing R&D in an Open Innovation Ecosystem. Journal of Food Science, 76: R62–R68. doi: 10.1111/j.1750-3841.2010.01998.x
- Issue online: 1 MAR 2011
- Version of Record online: 1 MAR 2011
- MS 20100947 Submitted 8/22/2010, Accepted 11/15/2010.
- 2009. Does IP strategy have to cripple open innovation MIT Sloan Manage Rev 51:71–7. , , .
- 2010. Firms’ open innovation policies, laboratories’ external collaborations, and laboratories’ R&D performance. R&D Manage 40(2):109–23. , , .
- 2007. From serendipity to sustainable competitive advantage: insights from Houston's Farm and their journey of co-innovation. Supply Chain Manage Int J 12:395–9. , , , .
- 2003. Open innovation: the new imperative for creating and profiting from technology. Cambridge , Mass. : Harvard Business School Publishing. .
- 2007. Innovating business models with co-development partnerships. Res Technol Manage 50:55–9. , .
- 2006. Open innovation: researching a new paradigm. Oxford , U.K. : Oxford Univ. Press. , , .
- 2009. Community engineering for innovations: the ideas competition as a method to nurture a virtual community for innovations. R&D Manage 39:342–56. , , .
- 2009. Open R&D and open innovation: exploring the phenomenon. R&D Manage 39:311–6. , , .
- 2008. Partnering for innovation. Food Technol 62(1):32–4, 37. .
- 2009. Innovation drivers and barriers in food processing. Br Food J 111:839–51. , .
- 2006. Extreme customer innovation in the front-end: learning from a new software paradigm. Int J Technol Manage 33:46–66. , , .
- 2010. Integration of intellectual property strategy with innovation strategy. Res Technol Manage 53(3):10–8. .
- 2008. User-oriented innovation in the food sector: relevant streams of research and an agenda for future work. Trends Food Sci Technol 19:590–602. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2009. Measuring the forces of long-term change. The 2009 Shift Index. Deloitte Center for the Edge. Available from: http://www.edgeperspectives.com/shiftindex.pdf. Accessed Feb 2, 2010. , , .
- 2008. Crowdsourcing: why the power of the crowd is driving the future of business. New York , N.Y. : Crown Publishing Group. .
- 2010. Is open innovation the way forward for big pharma. Nat Rev Drug Discov 9:87–8. , .
- 2009. Profits down, spending steady: the global innovation 1000. strategy+business 57, Reprint nr. 09404. Available from: http://www.strategy-business.com/media/file/sb57_09404.pdf. Accessed Oct 2010. .
- 2005. Money isn't everything: the global innovation 1000. strategy+business, Winter. Available from: http://www.strategy-business.com/article/05406. Accessed Oct 2009. , , .
- 2009. Determinants and archetype users of open innovation. R&D Manage 39:331–41. , .
- 2008) Driving growth through open innovation. Food Technol 62, 76–82. . (
- 2008. P&G's innovation culture. strategy+business, Autumn. Available from: http://www.strategy-business.com/media/file/enews-08--28-08.pdf. Accessed Jun 2009. .
- 2008. The game changer. New York , N.Y. : Crown Business. , .
- 2008. Integrated roadmaps for open innovation. Res Technol Manage 51:45–9. .
- 2009. Open innovation networks between academia and industry: an imperative for breakthrough therapies. Nat Med 15:502–7. , , , .
- 2005. Unveiling health attitudes and creating good-for-you foods via informatics & innovative web-based technologies. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutri 45:165–91. , , ,
- 2006. Databasing the shopper's mind: approaches to a ‘mind genomics’. J Database Market Cust Strat Manage 13(2):144–55. , , , , .
- 2009. Creating food concepts to guide product development and marketing. In: MoskowitzHR, SaguyIS, StrausT, editors. An integrated approach to new food product development. Boca Raton , Fla. : CRC Press. p. 175–216. , , .
- 2008. Grabbing lightning: building a capability for breakthrough innovation. San Francisco , Calif. : Wiley & Sons Inc. . , .
- 1999. Integrating the consumer into new product development. Food Technol 53(8):68–73. , .
- 2008. Dynamics of open innovation in the food industry. Trends Food Sci Technol 19:574–80. , .
- 2010. Building absorptive capacity to organise inbound open innovation in traditional industries. Technovation 30:130–41. , , .
- 2004. The wisdom of crowds. New York , N.Y. : Anchor Books. .
- 2009. Open innovation: share or die. Drug Discov Today 14:1003–5. .
- 2010. Editorial: consumer, user and carer involvement in health and social care. Int J Cons Stud 34:493–4. .
- 2009. Innovation partnerships as a vehicle towards open innovation and open business. In: MoskowitzHR, SaguyIS, StrausT, editors. An integrated approach to new food product development. Boca Raton , Fla. : CRC Press. p. 65–78. .
- 2009. Creating successful innovation partnerships. Food Technol 63:22–35. , .
- 2001. Innovating R&D innovation. Food Technol 55(5):174–88. , .