Authors Li and He contributed equally to this study.
Bioactivities of Chicken Essence
Article first published online: 20 MAR 2012
© 2012 Institute of Food Technologists®
Journal of Food Science
Volume 77, Issue 4, pages R105–R110, April 2012
How to Cite
Li, Y.F., He, R.R., Tsoi, B. and Kurihara, H. (2012), Bioactivities of Chicken Essence. Journal of Food Science, 77: R105–R110. doi: 10.1111/j.1750-3841.2012.02625.x
- Issue published online: 19 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 20 MAR 2012
- MS 20111026 Submitted 8/25/2011, Accepted 1/5/2012.
- 2004. The effect of chronic restraint stress on spatial learning and memory: relation to oxidant stress. Int J Neurosci 114(5):683–99. , , , , , , .
- 2001. The use of chicken essence as an adjunct to psychotherapy in anxious subjects’ CA clinical assessment. Malay J Psych 9(1):13–22. , , .
- 1998. Specific features of glycogen metabolism in the liver. Biochem J 336(Pt 1):19–31. , , .
- 1998. A traditional blood remedy as a modulator of the respiratory burst of the human neutrophil: an in vitro study. Int J Food Sci Nutr 49(1):55–63. .
- 2004. Chicken extract affects colostrum protein compositions in lactating women. J Nutri Biochem 15(1):37–44. , , , , , , .
- 2004. Pharmacological effects of carcinine on histaminergic neurons in the brain. Br J Pharma 143(5):573–80. , , , , , , , , .
- 2005. The enhancing effects of a chicken-meat extract on serum Ig concentrations in normal and scalded animals. Br J Nutr 94(01):51–5. , , , , , .
- 2006. Mortality due to influenza in the United States an annualized regression approach using multiple-cause mortality data. Am J Epidemiol 163(2):181–87. , , , , .
- 1987. Mechanisms of hormonal regulation of hepatic glucose metabolism. Diab Metabol Rev 3(1):163–83. .
- 1989. Large acute thermic response to chicken essence in humans. Nutr Reports Int 39:547–56. , , .
- 1996. Chicken extract stimulates haemoglobin restoration in iron deficient rats. Int J Food Sci Nutr 47(4):351–60. , , , , , , , .
- 2009a. Effects of histamine on lipid metabolic disorder in mice loaded with restraint stress. J Pharma Sci 111(2):117–23. , , , , , , , .
- 2009b. The anti-stress effects of sarcandra glabra extract on restraint-evoked immunocompromise. Biol Pharma Bull 32(2):247–52. , , , , , , .
- 2011. Protective effect of apple polyphenols against stress-provoked influenza viral infection in restraint mice. J Agric Food Chem 59:3730–7. , , , , , , , .
- 1998. Carnosine protects proteins against methylglyoxal-mediated modifications. Biochem Biophy Res Commun 248(1):28–32. , .
- 2001. Effects of chicken essence tablets on resting metabolic rate. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 65(9):2083–6. , , , , , .
- 2005. Oxidative stress levels are raised in chronic fatigue syndrome and are associated with clinical symptoms. Free Rad Biol Med 39(5):584–9. , , , , , .
- 1988. Antioxidant activity of carnosine, homocarnosine, and anserine present in muscle and brain. Proc Natl Acad Sci US Am 85(9):3175. , , , .
- 2001. Antistress of chichken essence in food- deprived activity stress: possible involvement of histaminergic neurous. In: Watanabe T, Timmerman H, editors. Histamine research in a new millennium. Amsterdam : Elsevier. p. 491–3. , , .
- 2003. Anti-stress effect of oolong tea in women loaded with vigil. J Heal Sci 49(6):436–43. , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Anti-stress effect of BRAND's essence of chicken (BEC) on plasma glucose levels in mice loaded with restraint stress. J Heal Sci 52(3):252–8. , , , , , , .
- 2009. Carnosine modulates stress-attenuated plasma antioxidative capacity. Food Sci Technol Res 15(2):179–84. , , , , , , .
- 1999. The extraction of carnosine in poultry meats and its anti-oxidative activity research. Chin J Food Sci 26(1):16–7. , .
- 1997. Clinical observation on the effects of chicken essence on postpartum lactation. Chin J Pract Gynecol Obstet 13(005):295–6. , .
- 2010. Effects of chicken essence on immune activity in restraint stressed mice. Chin J Food Sci Biotechnol 1:37–43. , , , , .
- 2005. Effects of post exercise supplementation of chicken essence on the elimination of exercise-induced plasma lactate and ammonia. Chin J Physiol 48:187–92. , , .
- 2010. Effects of a chicken extract on food-deprived activity stress in rats. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 74(6):1276–8. , , , , , , .
- 2010. The causal role of fatigue in the stress-perceived health relationship: a MetroNet study. J Am Board Family Med 23(2):212–19. , , , .
- 2001. Antihypertensive effects of chicken extract against deoxycorticosterone acetate-salt-induced hypertension in rats. Biol Pharma Bull 24(10):1181–4. , , , , .
- 1996. Effects of chicken extract on the recovery from fatigue caused by mental workload. Appl Human Sci 15(6):281–6. , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Development and validation of an improved oxygen radical absorbance capacity assay using fluorescein as the fluorescent probe. J Agric Food Chem 49(10):4619–26. , , .
- 2008. Mast cells and cellularity of the colonic mucosa correlated with fatigue and depression in irritable bowel syndrome. Gut 57(4):468. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Vasodilatory actions of the dietary peptide carnosine. Nutrition 16(3):168–72. , , , .
- 2009. Oxidative stress and metabolic syndrome. Life Sci 84(21–22):705–12. , .
- 2003. Angiotensin I-converting enzyme inhibitory peptides in a hydrolyzed chicken breast muscle extract. J Agric Food Chem 51(6):1741–5. , , , , , , .
- 1991. Free radical scavenging activity of carnosine. Free Rad Res 14(4):263–70. , , .
- 2001. Cardiovascular actions of chicken-meat extract in normo-and hypertensive rats. Br J Nutr 86(01):97–103. .
- 1998. 17-ketosteroid sulfates and its application to kampo-medicine. Rinsho byori. Japan J Clin Pathol 46(6):538–47. , , .
- 2003. Clinical study on the combined effect of capsaicin, green tea extract and essence of chicken on body fat content in human subjects. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol 49(6):437–41. , , , , .
- 2002. Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis, neuroendocrine factors and stress. J Psycho Res 53(4):865–71. , .
- 2001. Studies on functionalrolesofthe histaminergicneuron system by using pharmacological agents, knockout mice and positron emission tomography. Tohoku J Exp 195:197– 217. , .
- 1984. Distribution of the histaminergic neuron system in the central nervous system of rats: a fluorescent immunohistochemical analysis with histidine decarboxylase as a marker. Brain Res 295:13–25. , , .
- 2011. Effect of BRAND's Essence of Chicken on the resetting process of circadian clocks in rats subjected to experimental jet lag. Mol Biol Rep 38(3):1533–40. , , , , , .
- 1997. Effect of oral feeding of essence of chicken on the level of 5-hydroxyindoie acetic acid in the cerebrospinal fluid of the rat. Int J Food Sci Nutr 48(2):113–7. , .
- 2001. Effect of L-carnosine on the hyperglycemia caused by intracranial injection of 2-deoxy-D-glucose in rats. Neurosci Lett 313(1–2):78–82. , , , , , .
- 2003. Effect of taking chicken essence on stress and cognition of human volunteers. Mal J Nutr 9:19–29 , .
- 2006. Enteral nutrition therapy on cerebral hemorrhage accompanied with mitral valve prolapse in children. Med J Chin People's Armed Police Forces 17(009):690–1. .
- 2007. The nursing of enteral nutrition therapy in the patients with heavy craniocerebral injury. China Med Herald 4(07):78. .
- 2011. Anti-inlfuenza effect of essence of chicken in mice loaded with restraint stress. Trad Chin Drug Res Clin Pharma 3(22):276–81. , , , , .
- 2010. Effect of carnosine on glycometabolism in restraint-stressed mice. J Guangdong Pharma College 28(1):95–8. , , , , .
- 2007. Advances in research of functional poultry meat and bioactive peptides derived from poultry meat protein. Advances in Poultry Nutrition and Feed Science 4:23–25. , , , .
- 2006. The products of chicken protease hydrolysis and their activities of DPPH clearence. Chin J Jilin Univ Eng Technol Ed 36(001):128–32. , , .