We thank Peter Vishton, Chris Moore, and Rob Goldstone for participating in the 2007 Cognitive Development Society symposium that was the basis of this invited article. We also thank Martha Alibali, Sammy Perone, and Jenny Saffran for feedback on earlier versions of the work. John P. Spencer was supported by the National Science Foundation (HSD 0527698) and the National Institutes of Health (R01-MH062480). Jochen Triesch was supported by the European Union through project MEXT-CT-2006-042484 (“PLICON”) and by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) within the “Bernstein Focus: Neurotechnology” through research Grant 01GQ0840. Gedeon Deák was supported by the National Science Foundation (HSD-0827040), and the Temporal Dynamics Learning Center.
A Dialogue on the Role of Computational Modeling in Developmental Science
Article first published online: 15 JUL 2010
© 2010, Copyright the Author(s). Journal Compilation © 2010, Society for Research in Child Development
Child Development Perspectives
Volume 4, Issue 2, pages 152–158, August 2010
How to Cite
Simmering, V. R., Triesch, J., Deák, G. O. and Spencer, J. P. (2010), A Dialogue on the Role of Computational Modeling in Developmental Science. Child Development Perspectives, 4: 152–158. doi: 10.1111/j.1750-8606.2010.00134.x
- Issue published online: 15 JUL 2010
- Article first published online: 15 JUL 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!