Present address: Department of Dermatology, Clinical Medical Centre Berlin, Free University of Berlin, Hindenburgdamm 30, W-1000 Berlin 33, Germany.
DUAL ROLE OF MELANINS AND MELANIN PRECURSORS AS PHOTOPROTECTIVE AND PHOTOTOXIC AGENTS: INHIBITION OF ULTRAVIOLET RADIATION-INDUCED LIPID PEROXIDATION
Article first published online: 30 MAR 2011
1995 American Society for Photobiology
Photochemistry and Photobiology
Volume 61, Issue 6, pages 650–655, June 1995
How to Cite
Schmitz, S., Thomas, P. D., Allen, T. M., Poznansky, M. J. and Jimbow, K. (1995), DUAL ROLE OF MELANINS AND MELANIN PRECURSORS AS PHOTOPROTECTIVE AND PHOTOTOXIC AGENTS: INHIBITION OF ULTRAVIOLET RADIATION-INDUCED LIPID PEROXIDATION. Photochemistry and Photobiology, 61: 650–655. doi: 10.1111/j.1751-1097.1995.tb09883.x
§Abbreviations DHI, 5,6-dihydroxyindole; DHICA, 5,6-dihydroxyindole-2-carboxylic acid; EDTA, ethylene diamine tetraacetic acid, MDA, malondialdehyde, SCD, 5-S-cysteinyldopa; TBARS, thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances; TES, N-tris (hydroxymethyl) methyl-2-amino ethanesulfonic acid; TMB, tetramethylbenzidine; UVR, ultraviolet radiation.
- Issue published online: 30 MAR 2011
- Article first published online: 30 MAR 2011
- (Received 26 September 1994; accepted 1 February 1995)
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!