Advanced Heart Failure: A Call to Action
Version of Record online: 5 DEC 2008
© 2008 Le Jacq
Congestive Heart Failure
Volume 14, Issue 6, pages 316–321, November/December 2008
How to Cite
Russell, S. D., Miller, L. W. and Pagani, F. D. (2008), Advanced Heart Failure: A Call to Action. Congestive Heart Failure, 14: 316–321. doi: 10.1111/j.1751-7133.2008.00022.x
- Issue online: 5 DEC 2008
- Version of Record online: 5 DEC 2008
- Manuscript received February 15, 2008; revised April 3, 2008; accepted April 8, 2008
- 4ACC/AHA 2005 guideline update for the diagnosis and management of chronic heart failure in the adult – summary article: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guideline (Writing Committee to Update the 2001 Guidelines for the Evaluation and Management of Heart Failure). Circulation. 2005;112:1825–1852., , , et al.
- 6American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association. ACC/AHA guidelines for the evaluation and management of chronic heart failure in the adult: executive summary. A report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines (Committee to revise the 1995 Guidelines for the Evaluation and Management of Heart Failure). J Am Coll Cardiol. 2001;38:2101–2113., , , et al.
- 8for the Outcomes of a Prospective Trial of Intravenous Milrinone for Exacerbations of Chronic Heart Failure (OPTIME-CHF) Investigators. Short-term intravenous milrinone for acute exacerbation of chronic heart failure: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA. 2002;287:1541–1547., , , et al;
- 10for the REMATCH Investigators. Left ventricular assist device as destination for patients undergoing intravenous inotropic therapy: a subset analysis from REMATCH (Randomized Evaluation of Mechanical Assistance in Treatment of Chronic Heart Failure). Circulation. 2004;110:975–981., , , et al;
- 18Atrial fibrillation is associated with an increased risk for mortality and heart failure progression in patients with asymptomatic and symptomatic left ventricular systolic dysfunction: a retrospective analysis of the SOLVD trials. J Am Coll Cardiol. 1998;32:695–703., , , et al.
- 20for the SOLVD Investigators. Echocardiographic predictors of clinical outcome in patients with left ventricular dysfunction enrolled in the SOLVD Registry and Trials: significance of left ventricular hypertrophy. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2000;35:1237–1244., , , et al.;
- 40Heart failure patients define threshold for left ventricular assist devices. Circulation. 2006;114(suppl II):II–484., , , et al.