Adherence to Evidence-Based Guidelines for Heart Failure in Physicians and Their Patients: Lessons From the Heart Failure Adherence Retention Trial (HART)
Article first published online: 3 NOV 2011
© 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Congestive Heart Failure
Volume 18, Issue 2, pages 73–78, March/April 2012
How to Cite
Calvin, J. E., Shanbhag, S., Avery, E., Kane, J., Richardson, D. and Powell, Lynda. (2012), Adherence to Evidence-Based Guidelines for Heart Failure in Physicians and Their Patients: Lessons From the Heart Failure Adherence Retention Trial (HART). Congestive Heart Failure, 18: 73–78. doi: 10.1111/j.1751-7133.2011.00263.x
- Issue published online: 21 MAR 2012
- Article first published online: 3 NOV 2011
- Manuscript received June 10, 2011; revised August 12, 2011; accepted August 29, 2011
- 1American Heart Association. Heart and Stroke Statistical, Update. Dallas, TX: American Heart Association; 2007.
- 2Cardiovascular disease in the elderly. In: Zipes DP, , , eds. Braunwald’s Heart Disease: A Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine. Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier Saunders; 2005:1923–1953., .
- 4ACC/AHA 2005 Guideline update for the diagnosis and management of chronic heart failure in the adult: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines (Writing Committee to Update the 2001 Guidelines for the Evaluation and Management of Heart Failure). J Am Coll Cardio. 2005;46:E1–E82..
- 5Carvedilol use at discharge in patients hospitalized for heart failure is associated with improved survival: an analysis from organized programs to initiate lifesaving treatment in hospitalized patients with heart failure (OPTIMIZE-HF). Am Heart J. 2007;153:82., , , et al.
- 13ACC/AHA 2002 guideline update for the management of patients with chronic stable angina: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines (Committee to Update the 1999 Guidelines for the Management of Patients with Chronic Stable Angina) 2002; Available at http://www.acc.org/clinical/guidelines/stable/stable.pdf., , , et al.
- 15Unequal Treatment Confronting Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Health Care: Committee on Understanding and Eliminating Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Health Care. Washington, DC: 7 Board on Health Sciences Policy, Institute of Medicine National Academic Press; 2003., , , et al.