Effect of Obesity on Platelet Reactivity and Response to Low-Dose Aspirin
Article first published online: 2 DEC 2009
© 2009 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 13, Issue 2, pages 56–62, Spring 2010
How to Cite
Bordeaux, B. C., Qayyum, R., Yanek, L. R., Vaidya, D., Becker, L. C., Faraday, N. and Becker, D. M. (2010), Effect of Obesity on Platelet Reactivity and Response to Low-Dose Aspirin. Preventive Cardiology, 13: 56–62. doi: 10.1111/j.1751-7141.2009.00058.x
- Issue published online: 15 MAR 2010
- Article first published online: 2 DEC 2009
- Manuscript received July 21, 2009; revised September 8, 2009; accepted October 2, 2009
- 5Obesity and cardiovascular disease: pathophysiology, evaluation, and effect of weight loss: an update of the 1997 American Heart Association Scientific Statement on Obesity and Heart Disease from the Obesity Committee of the Council on Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Metabolism. Circulation. 2006;113:898–918., , , et al.
- 12Aspirin resistance detected with aggregometry cannot be explained by cyclooxygenase activity: involvement of other signaling pathway(s) in cardiovascular events of aspirin-treated patients. J Thromb Haemost. 2006;4:1271–1278., , , et al.
- 19Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, And Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol In Adults. Executive Summary of The Third Report of The National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, And Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol In Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III). JAMA. 2001;285:2486–2497.
- 22Clinical guidelines on the identification, evaluation, and treatment of overweight and obesity in adults: executive summary. Expert Panel on the Identification, Evaluation, and Treatment of Overweight in Adults. Am J Clin Nutr. 1998;68:899–917.