Aliskiren Alone or in Combination With Hydrochlorothiazide in Patients With the Lower Ranges of Stage 2 Hypertension: The ACQUIRE Randomized Double-Blind Study
Version of Record online: 4 OCT 2010
© 2010 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
The Journal of Clinical Hypertension
Volume 12, Issue 12, pages 917–926, December 2010
How to Cite
Black, H. R., Kribben, A., Aguirre Palacios, F., Bijarnia, M., Laflamme, A. K. and Baschiera, F. (2010), Aliskiren Alone or in Combination With Hydrochlorothiazide in Patients With the Lower Ranges of Stage 2 Hypertension: The ACQUIRE Randomized Double-Blind Study. The Journal of Clinical Hypertension, 12: 917–926. doi: 10.1111/j.1751-7176.2010.00378.x
- Issue online: 1 DEC 2010
- Version of Record online: 4 OCT 2010
- Manuscript received March 15, 2010; revised July 22, 2010; accepted July 24, 2010
- 8Plasma renin activity retains a strong prognostic value in patients with chronic HF, independent of ACE inhibitor or beta-blocker therapy. Data from the Valsartan Heart Failure (Val-HeFT) trial. Eur Heart J. 2009;30(suppl):163 (1099)., , , et al.
- 9Plasma renin activity is associated with increased cardiovascular events and mortality in the HOPE study. Circulation. 2009;18 (suppl ):S453 (1134)., , , et al.
- 10Association between baseline levels of plasma renin activity and risk of cardiovascular events. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009:A383 (Abstract 1028–1012)., , , et al.
- 11Association between baseline plasma renin activity and risk of cardiovascular events in coronary artery disease patients. J Clin Hypertens. 2009;11 (suppl A):A88 (Abstract P-176)., , , et al.
- 12Association between baseline levels of plasma renin activity and risk of cardiovascular events in women with coronary heart disease. Circulation. 2009;120:S453 (1133)., , , et al.
- 13Association between baseline plasma renin activity and risk of clinical events in patients with diabetes and coronary artery disease. Diabetes. 2009;58:A26., , , et al.
- 17Initial combination therapy with aliskiren/hydrochlorothiazide is more effective than amlodipine in patients with stage 2 systolic hypertension and diabetes mellitus. J Clin Hypertens. 2010;12 (suppl):534 (LB-PO-03)., , , et al.
- 18Combination therapy with aliskiren and hydrochlorothiazide decreases plasma renin activity and oxidative stress versus ramipril while reducing blood pressure in obese patients with stage 2 hypertension. J Clin Hypertens. 2010;12 (suppl 1):A46–A47 (Abstract PO-66)., , , et al.
- 19First-line aliskiren/hydrochlorothiazide combination treatment lowers BP more effectively than hydrochlorothiazide alone in older patients with stage 2 hypertension (ACTION study). J Clin Hypertens. 2010;12 (suppl 1):A22 (Abstract PO-11)., , , et al.
- 20Irbesartan/HCTZ as initial treatment for patients with isolated systolic hypertension. J Clin Hypertens. 2009;11(4 suppl A):A27 (Abstract P-28)., .
- 21Efficacy of olmesartan medoxomil (OM) and hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) in elderly (?65 years) patients (PTS) based on baseline (BL) hypertension (HTN) stage 1 and 2. J Clin Hypertens. 2009;11(4 suppl A):A131 (Abstract P-284)., , , et al.
- 22Blood pressure (BP)-lowering efficacy of olmesartan medoxomil (OM)/hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) vs benazepril (BN) + amlodipine (AML) therapy in black patients (pts) with stage 2 hypertension (HT). J Hypertens. 2008;26(suppl 1):S455 (Abstract PS432/WED/416)., , , et al.
- 31ALLHAT. Major outcomes in high-risk hypertensive patients randomized to angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor or calcium channel blocker vs diuretic: the Antihypertensive and Lipid-Lowering Treatment to Prevent Heart Attack Trial (ALLHAT). JAMA. 2002;288:2981–2997.