Cardiovascular Events in Subgroups of Patients During Primary Treatment of Hypertension With Candesartan or Losartan
Version of Record online: 22 DEC 2010
© 2010 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
The Journal of Clinical Hypertension
Volume 13, Issue 3, pages 189–197, March 2011
How to Cite
Russell, D., Stålhammar, J., Bodegard, J., Hasvold, P., Thuresson, M. and Kjeldsen, S. E. (2011), Cardiovascular Events in Subgroups of Patients During Primary Treatment of Hypertension With Candesartan or Losartan. The Journal of Clinical Hypertension, 13: 189–197. doi: 10.1111/j.1751-7176.2010.00410.x
- Issue online: 2 MAR 2011
- Version of Record online: 22 DEC 2010
- Manuscript received June 28, 2010; revised October 4, 2010; accepted October 16, 2010
- 6Prevention of cardiovascular events with an antihypertensive regimen of amlodipine adding perindopril as required versus atenolol adding bendoﬂumethiazide as required, in the Anglo-Scandinavian Cardiac Outcomes Trial - Blood Pressure Lowering Arm (ASCOT-BPLA): a multicentre randomized controlled trial. Lancet. 2005;366:895–906., , , et al.
- 8World Health Organization. WHO report on the global tobacco epidemic, 2009. http://www.who.int/tobacco/mpower/2009/gtcr_download/en/index.html. Accessed October 02, 2010.
- 9Profdoc Software. 2008. http://www.ne.compugroupmedical.com/news/news/navneskift.aspx. Accessed October 02, 2010.
- 10Working Model 2007. http://www.pygargus.se/3_en.html. Accessed October 02, 2010.,
- 11“Multivariate and Propensity Score Matching Software with Automated Balance Optimization. Journal of Statistical Software. http://sekhon.berkeley.edu/papers/MatchingJSS.pdf ., forthcoming.
- 14for the Candesartan in Heart failure Assessment of Reduction in Mortality and morbidity (CHARM) investigators and committees. Mortality and morbidity reduction with candesartan in patients with chronic heart failure and left ventricular systolic dysfunction: results of the CHARM low left-ventricular ejection fraction trials Circulation. 2004;110:2618–2626., , , et al;
- 18A comparison of the efficacy and duration of action of candesartan cilexetil and losartan as assessed by clinic and ambulatory blood pressure after a missed dose, in truly hypertensive patients: a placebo-controlled, forced titration study. Am J Hypertens. 1999;12:1181–1187., .
- 21Concomitant hydrochlorothiazide therapy in hypertensive patients is associated with reduced cardiovascular morbidity and mortality independent of blood pressure and electrocardiographic left ventricular hypertrophy: the LIFE study. Circulation. 2008;118:886., , , et al.