Presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Heart Association, Chicago, Illinois on November 17, 2010.
Diagnosis, Treatment, and Referral of Hypertension or Prehypertension in an Emergency Department After an Educational Program: Preliminary Results
Version of Record online: 31 JAN 2011
© 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
The Journal of Clinical Hypertension
Volume 13, Issue 6, pages 413–415, June 2011
How to Cite
Shah, T., Aronow, W. S., Peterson, S. J. and Goldwag, D. (2011), Diagnosis, Treatment, and Referral of Hypertension or Prehypertension in an Emergency Department After an Educational Program: Preliminary Results. The Journal of Clinical Hypertension, 13: 413–415. doi: 10.1111/j.1751-7176.2010.00423.x
- Issue online: 7 JUN 2011
- Version of Record online: 31 JAN 2011
- Manuscript received: October 7, 2010; Revised: December 9, 2010; Accepted: December 10, 2010
- 2Congestive heart failure, coronary events and atherothrombotic brain infarction in elderly blacks and whites with systemic hypertension and with and without echocardiographic and electrocardiographic evidence of left ventricular hypertrophy. Am J Cardiol. 1991;67:295–299., , , et al.
- 4Epidemiology of coronary heart disease in the elderly. In: AronowWS, FlegJL, RichMW, eds. Cardiovascular Disease in the Elderly, 4th ed. New York, NY: Informa Healthcare; 2008:215–241., .
- 9Cerebrovascular disease in the elderly. In: TreschDD, AronowWS, eds. Cardiovascular Disease in the Elderly Patient. New York, NY: Marcel Dekker, Inc.; 1994:125–147..
- 12The relative importance of selected risk factors for various manifestations of cardiovascular disease among men and women from 35 to 64 years old: 30 years of follow-up in the Framingham Study. Circulation. 1987;75(suppl V): V-65–V-73., , , et al.
- 15Prevalence of symptomatic peripheral arterial disease, modifiable risk factors, and appropriate use of drugs in the treatment of peripheral arterial disease in older persons seen in a university general medicine clinic. J Gerontol: Med Sci. 2005;60A: M255–M257., , , et al.
- 18Quantifying the problem: undiagnosed hypertension in the emergency department and failure to refer for blood pressure recheck (abstract). Acad Emerg Med. 2006;13(suppl 1):S54., .
- 21Physician and nurse self-reported blood pressure (BP) reassessment practices and perceptions of barriers to BP reassessment. Acad Emerg Med. 2006;13(suppl 1):S54–S55., , , et al.
- 24Ambulatory blood pressure as a predictor of cardiovascular risk. Arch Med Sci. 2009;5:3–9., .
- 25Determinants of awareness, treatment and control of hypertension in Isfahan, Central Iran. Arch Med Sci. 2009;5:523–530., , , et al.