Safety and Tolerability of the Direct Renin Inhibitor Aliskiren in Combination With Angiotensin Receptor Blockers and Thiazide Diuretics: A Pooled Analysis of Clinical Experience of 12,942 Patients
Article first published online: 18 MAR 2011
© 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
The Journal of Clinical Hypertension
Volume 13, Issue 7, pages 506–516, July 2011
How to Cite
White, W. B., Bresalier, R., Kaplan, A. P., Palmer, B. F., Riddell, R. H., Lesogor, A., Chang, W. and Keefe, D. L. (2011), Safety and Tolerability of the Direct Renin Inhibitor Aliskiren in Combination With Angiotensin Receptor Blockers and Thiazide Diuretics: A Pooled Analysis of Clinical Experience of 12,942 Patients. The Journal of Clinical Hypertension, 13: 506–516. doi: 10.1111/j.1751-7176.2011.00438.x
- Issue published online: 18 JUL 2011
- Article first published online: 18 MAR 2011
- Manuscript received July 28, 2010; Revised: January 4, 2011; Accepted: January 5, 2011
- 22007 Guidelines for the Management of Arterial Hypertension: The Task Force for the Management of Arterial Hypertension of the European Society of Hypertension (ESH) and of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC). J Hypertens. 2007;25:1105–1187., , , et al.
- 15NCT00344110. Study comparing SPP100 (aliskiren) 150 mg to placebo and to losartan 50 mg in patients with mild to moderate essential hypertension. http://www.clinicaltrials.gov .
- 20Evaluation of the dose-response relationship of aliskiren, a direct renin inhibitor, in an 8-week, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, parallel-group, placebo-controlled study in adult patients with stage 1 or 2 essential hypertension. Clin Ther. 2009;31:2839–2850., , , et al.
- 21NCT00706134. Efficacy and safety of aliskiren 75 mg, 150 mg and 300 mg in elderly patients with essential hypertension when given with a light meal in a 8 week placebo-controlled study. http://www.clinicaltrials.gov .
- 23Aliskiren for Geriatric Lowering of Systolic Hypertension (AGELESS): a randomized controlled trial. J Hum Hypertens. 2009:doi: 10.1038/jhh.2009.1107., , , et al.
- 26Safety and tolerability of losartan potassium, an angiotensin II receptor antagonist, compared with hydrochlorothiazide, atenolol, felodipine ER, and angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors for the treatment of systemic hypertension. Am J Cardiol. 1995;75:793–795., , .
- 35Incidence of hyperkalemia with aliskiren/valsartan combination in hypertensive patients with mild to moderate renal impairment and patients with normal renal function: a 54-week retrospective analysis. J Clin Hypertens. 2010;12:A30 (Abstract PO-29)., , , et al.
- 38Patient adherence with amlodipine, lisinopril, or valsartan therapy in a usual-care setting. J Manag Care Pharm. 2003;9:424–429., , , et al.
- 39Patient compliance and persistency with antihypertensive agents: a comparison of agents in different therapeutic classes. Am J Hypertens. 2005;18:222A (Abstract P-589)., , , et al.