Thiazide Diuretics and β-Blockers in the Treatment of Hypertension in Diabetes Mellitus
Version of Record online: 5 APR 2011
© 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
The Journal of Clinical Hypertension
Volume 13, Issue 4, pages 296–300, April 2011
How to Cite
Sander, G. E. and Giles, T. D. (2011), Thiazide Diuretics and β-Blockers in the Treatment of Hypertension in Diabetes Mellitus. The Journal of Clinical Hypertension, 13: 296–300. doi: 10.1111/j.1751-7176.2011.00454.x
- Issue online: 5 APR 2011
- Version of Record online: 5 APR 2011
- Manuscript received January 31, 2011; revised February 10, 2011; accepted February 10, 2011
- 4Morbidity and mortality in patients randomized to double-blind treament with a long-acting calcium-channel blocker or diuretic in the International Nifedipine GITS study: Intervention as a Goal in Hypertension Treatment (INSIGHT). Lancet. 2000;356:366–372., , , et al.
- 15ALLHAT Officers and Coordinators for the ALLHAT Collaborative Research Group. Major outcomes in high-risk hypertensive patients randomized to angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor or calcium channel blocker vs diuretic: the Antihypertensive and Lipid-Lowering Treatment to Prevent Heart Attack Trial (ALLHAT). JAMA. 2002;288:2981–2997.
- 19Prevention of cardiovascular events with an antihypertensive regimen of amlodipine adding perindopril as required versus atenolol adding bendroflumethiazide as required, in the Anglo-Scandinavian Cardiac Outcomes Trial-Blood Pressure Lowering Arm (ASCOT-BPLA): a multicentre randomised controlled trial. Lancet. 2005;366:895–906., , , et al.
- 20CAFÉ Investigators; Anglo-Scandinavian Cardiac Outcomes Trial Investigators; CAFE Steering Committee and Writing Committee. Differential impact of blood pressure-lowering drugs on central aortic pressure and clinical outcomes: principal results of the Conduit Artery Function Evaluation (CAFÉ) study. Circulation. 2006;113:1213–1225., , , et al.
- 29AACE Hypertension Task Force. American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists Medical Guidelines for clinical practice for the diagnosis and treatment of hypertension. Endocr Pract. 2006;12:193–222.