See Appendix for details.
Telmisartan and Amlodipine Single-Pill Combinations vs Amlodipine Monotherapy for Superior Blood Pressure Lowering and Improved Tolerability in Patients With Uncontrolled Hypertension: Results of the TEAMSTA-5 Study
Article first published online: 22 APR 2011
© 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
The Journal of Clinical Hypertension
Volume 13, Issue 7, pages 459–466, July 2011
How to Cite
Neldam, S., Lang, M., Jones, R. and On behalf of the TEAMSTA-5 Investigators (2011), Telmisartan and Amlodipine Single-Pill Combinations vs Amlodipine Monotherapy for Superior Blood Pressure Lowering and Improved Tolerability in Patients With Uncontrolled Hypertension: Results of the TEAMSTA-5 Study. The Journal of Clinical Hypertension, 13: 459–466. doi: 10.1111/j.1751-7176.2011.00468.x
- Issue published online: 18 JUL 2011
- Article first published online: 22 APR 2011
- Manuscript received November 2, 2010; Revised: January 14, 2011; Accepted: January 15, 2011
- 12007 Guidelines for the Management of Arterial Hypertension. The Task Force for the management of Arterial Hypertension of the European Society of Hypertension (ESH) and of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC). J Hypertens. 2007;25:1105–1187., , , et al.
- 5Effects of monotherapy and combination therapy on blood pressure control and target organ damage: a randomized prospective intervention study in a large population of hypertensive patients. J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich). 2006;8:634–641., , .
- 10Efficacy and tolerability of olmesartan medoxomil combined with amlodipine in patients with moderate to severe hypertension after amlodipine monotherapy: a randomized, double-blind, parallel-group, multicentre study. Clin Drug Investig. 2009;29:11–25. doi: 10.2165/0044011-200929010-00002, , , et al.
- 11Efficacy of the combination of amlodipine and valsartan in patients with hypertension uncontrolled with previous monotherapy: the Exforge in Failure After Single Therapy (EX-FAST) study. J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich). 2008;10:185–194., , , et al.
- 21Telmisartan/hydrochlorothiazide Investigators. Results of increasing doses of hydrochlorothiazide in combination with an angiotensin receptor blocker in patients with uncontrolled hypertension. J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich). 2008;10;612–618., ;
- 22Prevention of cardiovascular events with an antihypertensive regimen of amlodipine adding perindopril as required versus atenolol adding bendroflazide as required, in the Anglo-Scandinavian Cardiac Outcomes Trial- Blood Pressure Lowering Arm (ASCOT-BPLA): a mulicentre randomised controlled trial. Lancet. 2005;366:895–906., , , et al.
- 23Results of a comparative, phase III, 12-week, multicenter, prospective, randomized, double-blind assessment of the efficacy and tolerability of a fixed-dose combination of telmisartan and amlodipine versus amlodipine monotherapy in Indian adults with stage II hypertension. Clin Ther. 2007;29:2667–2676., , , et al.