The Baltimore Partnership to Educate and Achieve Control of Hypertension (The BPTEACH Trial): A Randomized Trial of the Effect of Education on Improving Blood Pressure Control in a Largely African American Population
Version of Record online: 28 JUN 2011
© 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
The Journal of Clinical Hypertension
Volume 13, Issue 8, pages 563–570, August 2011
How to Cite
Johnson, W., Shaya, F. T., Khanna, N., Warrington, V. O., Rose, V. A., Yan, X., Bailey-Weaver, B., Mullins, C. D. and Saunders, E. (2011), The Baltimore Partnership to Educate and Achieve Control of Hypertension (The BPTEACH Trial): A Randomized Trial of the Effect of Education on Improving Blood Pressure Control in a Largely African American Population. The Journal of Clinical Hypertension, 13: 563–570. doi: 10.1111/j.1751-7176.2011.00477.x
- Issue online: 1 AUG 2011
- Version of Record online: 28 JUN 2011
- Manuscript received December 13, 2010; Revised: March 24, 2011; Accepted: April 4, 2011
- 1Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Racial/ethnic disparities in prevalence, treatment, and control of hypertension – United States, 1999–2002. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2005;54(1):7–9.
- 3Preventing Cardiovascular Disease in Maryland: Public Health Strategies. Baltimore, MD: Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Family Health Administration, Office of Chronic Disease Prevention; 2003.
- 4Maryland Vital Statistics: Annual Report 2001. Baltimore, MD; Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Vital Statistics Administration; 2001.
- 5State Health Facts Online. The Henry J. Kaiser family foundation. http://www.statehealthfacts.kff.org/cgi-bin/healthfacts.cgi. Accessed February 17, 2004.
- 10Recommendations for blood pressure measurement in humans and experimental animals: Part 1: blood pressure measurement in humans: a statement for professionals from the subcommittee of professional and public education of the American Heart Association Council on High Blood Pressure Research. Hypertension. 2005;45(1):142–161., , , et al.
- 11Health People 2010. http://wwwhealthypeoplegov/. Accessed October 27, 2010.
- 12A randomized trial of the effect of community pharmacist and nurse care on improving blood pressure management in patients with diabetes mellitus: study of cardiovascular risk intervention by pharmacists-hypertension (SCRIP-HTN). Arch Intern Med. 2008;168(21):2355–2361., , , et al.