Comparison of the Novel Angiotensin II Receptor Blocker Azilsartan Medoxomil vs Valsartan by Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring
Article first published online: 20 JUN 2011
© 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
The Journal of Clinical Hypertension
Volume 13, Issue 7, pages 467–472, July 2011
How to Cite
Sica, D., White, W. B., Weber, M. A., Bakris, G. L., Perez, A., Cao, C., Handley, A. and Kupfer, S. (2011), Comparison of the Novel Angiotensin II Receptor Blocker Azilsartan Medoxomil vs Valsartan by Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring. The Journal of Clinical Hypertension, 13: 467–472. doi: 10.1111/j.1751-7176.2011.00482.x
- Issue published online: 18 JUL 2011
- Article first published online: 20 JUN 2011
- Manuscript received March 19, 2011; Revised: May 1, 2011; Accepted: May 3, 2011
- 1on behalf of the Blood Pressure Lowering Treatment Trialists Collaboration. The effects of blood pressure reduction and of different blood pressure-lowering regimens on major cardiovascular events according to baseline blood pressure: meta-analysis of randomized trials. J Hypertens. 2011;29:4–16., , , et al;
- 3for the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Pressure and the National High Blood Pressure Education Program Coordinating Committee. The seventh report of the Joint National Committee on prevention, detection, evaluation and treatment of high blood pressure: the JNC 7 report. JAMA. 2003;289:2560–2572., , , et al.
- 4for the American Heart Association Council for High Blood Pressure Research, the American Heart Association Council on Clinical Cardiology, and the American Heart Association Council on Epidemiology and Prevention. Treatment of hypertension in the prevention and management of ischemic heart disease: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association Council for High Blood Pressure Research and the Councils on Clinical Cardiology and Epidemiology and Prevention. Circulation. 2007;115:2761–2788., , , et al;
- 7Telmisartan plus hydrochlorothiazide versus telmisartan or hydrochlorothiazide monotherapy in patients with mild to moderate hypertension: a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel-group trial. Clin Ther. 2001;23:833–850., .
- 13Global Investigator’s Brochure: TAK-491 Azilsartan Medoxomil, Edition 6.0. Deerfield, IL: Takeda Global Research & Development Center, Inc.; 2009.
- 23for the Council on the Kidney in Cardiovascular Disease and the Council for High Blood Pressure Research of the American Heart Association. Renal considerations in angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor therapy: a statement for healthcare professionals from the Council on the Kidney in Cardiovascular Disease and the Council for High Blood Pressure Research of the American Heart Association. Circulation. 2001;104:1985–1991., , , et al.