Marc Israel was an employee of Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation at the time of study completion and analysis review; he is currently employed by Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Comparative Efficacy and Safety of Combination Aliskiren/Amlodipine and Amlodipine Monotherapy in African Americans With Stage 2 Hypertension
Version of Record online: 20 JUN 2011
© 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
The Journal of Clinical Hypertension
Volume 13, Issue 8, pages 571–581, August 2011
How to Cite
Black, H. R., Weinberger, M. H., Purkayastha, D., Lee, J., Sridharan, K., Israel, M., Hilkert, R. and Izzo, J. (2011), Comparative Efficacy and Safety of Combination Aliskiren/Amlodipine and Amlodipine Monotherapy in African Americans With Stage 2 Hypertension. The Journal of Clinical Hypertension, 13: 571–581. doi: 10.1111/j.1751-7176.2011.00483.x
- Issue online: 1 AUG 2011
- Version of Record online: 20 JUN 2011
- Manuscript received November 29, 2010; Revised: February 28, 2011; Accepted: March 4, 2011
- 3Salt sensitivity of blood pressure in humans. Hypertension. 1996;2:481–490..
- 202007 Guidelines for the Management of Arterial Hypertension: the task force for the Management of Arterial Hypertension of the European Society of Hypertension (ESH) and of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC). J Hypertens. 2007;25:1105–1187., , , et al.
- 24Recommendations for blood pressure measurement in humans and experimental animals: part 1: blood pressure measurement in humans: a statement for professionals from the Subcommittee of Professional and Public Education of the American Heart Association Council on High Blood Pressure Research. Hypertension. 2005;45:142–161., , , et al.
- 26Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults. Executive Summary of the Third Report of the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III). JAMA. 2001;285:2486–2497.
- 28Prevention of cardiovascular events with an antihypertensive regimen of amlodipine adding perindopril as required versus atenolol adding bendroflumethiazide as required, in the Anglo-Scandinavian Cardiac Outcomes Trial-Blood Pressure Lowering Arm (ASCOT-BPLA): a multicentre randomised controlled trial. Lancet. 2005;366:895–906., , , et al.
- 33Responses to aliskiren/HCTZ versus amlodipine on peripheral and central blood pressure in African American patients with stage 2 hypertension. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2010;55:A61., , , et al.