Office and Ambulatory Blood Pressure–Lowering Effects of Combination Valsartan/Hydrochlorothiazide vs Hydrochlorothiazide-Based Therapy in Obese, Hypertensive Patients
Version of Record online: 14 JUL 2011
© 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
The Journal of Clinical Hypertension
Volume 13, Issue 10, pages 731–738, October 2011
How to Cite
Raij, L., Egan, B. M., Zappe, D. H., Purkayastha, D., Samuel, R. and Sowers, J. R. (2011), Office and Ambulatory Blood Pressure–Lowering Effects of Combination Valsartan/Hydrochlorothiazide vs Hydrochlorothiazide-Based Therapy in Obese, Hypertensive Patients. The Journal of Clinical Hypertension, 13: 731–738. doi: 10.1111/j.1751-7176.2011.00499.x
- Issue online: 4 OCT 2011
- Version of Record online: 14 JUL 2011
- Manuscript received: February 1, 2011; Revised: May 11, 2011; Accepted: May 14, 2011
- 7Metabolic and clinical outcomes in nondiabetic individuals with the metabolic syndrome assigned to chlorthalidone, amlodipine, or lisinopril as initial treatment for hypertension: a report from the Antihypertensive and Lipid-Lowering Treatment to Prevent Heart Attack Trial (ALLHAT). Diabetes Care. 2008;31:353–360., , , et al.
- 11Fasting glucose levels and incident diabetes mellitus in older nondiabetic adults randomized to receive 3 different classes of antihypertensive treatment: a report from the Antihypertensive and Lipid-Lowering Treatment to Prevent Heart Attack Trial (ALLHAT). Arch Intern Med. 2006;166:2191–2201., , , et al.
- 16Call to action on use and reimbursement for home blood pressure monitoring: a joint scientific statement from the American Heart Association, American Society Of Hypertension, and Preventive Cardiovascular Nurses Association. Hypertension. 2008;52:10–29., , , et al.
- 28Predictive power of screening blood pressure, ambulatory blood pressure and blood pressure measured at home for overall and cardiovascular mortality: a prospective observation in a cohort from Ohasama, northern Japan. Blood Press Monit. 1996;1:251–254., , , et al.
- 30Ambulatory blood pressure is superior to clinic blood pressure in predicting treatment-induced regression of left ventricular hypertrophy. SAMPLE Study Group. Study on Ambulatory Monitoring of Blood Pressure and Lisinopril Evaluation. Circulation. 1997;95:1464–1470., , , et al.
- 49The role of ambulatory blood pressure monitoring compared with clinic and home blood pressure measures in evaluating moderate versus intensive treatment of hypertension with amlodipine/valsartan for patients uncontrolled on angiotensin receptor blocker monotherapy. Blood Press Monit. 2011;16:87–95., , , et al.