ASH SPECIAL ISSUE REVIEW PAPER
Thiazide and Loop Diuretics
Article first published online: 27 JUL 2011
© 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
The Journal of Clinical Hypertension
Volume 13, Issue 9, pages 639–643, September 2011
How to Cite
Sica, D. A., Carter, B., Cushman, W. and Hamm, L. (2011), Thiazide and Loop Diuretics. The Journal of Clinical Hypertension, 13: 639–643. doi: 10.1111/j.1751-7176.2011.00512.x
- Issue published online: 6 SEP 2011
- Article first published online: 27 JUL 2011
- 1National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Pressure; National High Blood Pressure Education Program Coordinating Committee. The Seventh Report of the Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Pressure: the JNC 7 report. JAMA 2003; 289:2560–2572., , , et al.
- 15Major outcomes in high-risk hypertensive patients randomized to angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor or calcium channel blocker vs diuretic: the antihypertensive and lipid-lowering treatment to prevent heart attack trial (ALLHAT). JAMA. 2002;288:2981–2997.
- 16ALLHAT Officers and Coordinators for the ALLHAT Collaborative Research Group. Diuretic versus alpha-blocker as first-step antihypertensive therapy. Final results from the antihypertensive and lipid-lowering treatment to prevent heart attack trial (ALLHAT). Hypertension. 2003;42:239–246.
- 20for the Department of Veterans Affairs Cooperative Study Group on Antihypertensive Agents. Treatment of hypertension in the elderly. I. Blood pressure and clinical changes. Results of a department of veterans affairs cooperative study. Hypertension. 1990;15:348–360., , , et al.