The United Nations High Level Meeting Addresses Noncommunicable Diseases, But Where Is Hypertension?
Article first published online: 20 SEP 2011
© 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
The Journal of Clinical Hypertension
Volume 13, Issue 11, pages 787–790, November 2011
How to Cite
Mensah, G. A. and Bakris, G. (2011), The United Nations High Level Meeting Addresses Noncommunicable Diseases, But Where Is Hypertension?. The Journal of Clinical Hypertension, 13: 787–790. doi: 10.1111/j.1751-7176.2011.00535.x
- Issue published online: 3 NOV 2011
- Article first published online: 20 SEP 2011
- Manuscript received: July 26, 2011; Accepted: August 2, 2011
- 1World Health Organization. Prevention and control of non-communicable diseases – Report of the Secretary-General. World Health Organization 2011; 1–18. http://www.un.org/ga/search/view_doc.asp?symbol=A/66/83&Lang=E. Accessed June 26, 2011.
- 3World Health Organization. Global Status Report on Noncommunicable Diseases 2010. Geneva: WHO; 2011.
- 4World Health Organization. Draft outcome document of the high-level meeting on the prevention and control of non-communicable diseases. World Health Organization 2011;1–8. http://www.who.int/nmh/events/2011/introduction_doc.pdf. Accessed June 26, 2011.
- 6The NCD Alliance. Proposed outcomes document for the United Nations high-level summit on non-communicable diseases. The NCD Alliance 2011. http://www.ncdalliance.org. Accessed June 10, 2011.
- 7The NCD Alliance. NCD alliance plan for the United Nations summit on non-communicable diseases. NCD Alliance 2010. http://www.idf.org/webdata/NCD-Alliance-Plan.pdf. Accessed June 28, 2011.
- 8World Health Organization. 2008–2013 Action plan for the global strategy for the prevention and control of noncommunicable diseases. World Health Organization 2008. http://www.who.int/nmh/publications/ncd_action_plan_en.pdf. Accessed June 28, 2011.
- 13World Health Organization. Global Health Risks: Mortality and Burden of Disease Attributable to Selected Major Risks. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2009.
- 14World Health Organization. Preventing Chronic Diseases : A Vital Investment. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2005.
- 15A Race Against Time: The Challenge of Cardiovascular Disease in Developing Countries. New York, NY: Trustees of Columbia University; 2004., , , et al.
- 16Early predictors of 15-year end-stage renal disease in hypertensive patients. Hypertension. 1995;1:587–594., , , et al.
- 23World Health Organization. WHO CVD-Risk Management Package for Low – and Medium-Resource Settings. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2002.
- 30PepsiCo. Performance with purpose: the promise of PepsiCo: 2009 annual report. http://www.pepsico.com/annual09/downloads/PEPSICO_ANNUAL_REPORT2009_8MB.pdf. Accessed May 10, 2010.
- 31The global alliance for chronic diseases. Lancet. 2009;373:2084.