Using an Established Telehealth Model to Train Urban Primary Care Providers on Hypertension Management
Article first published online: 2 DEC 2011
© 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
The Journal of Clinical Hypertension
Volume 14, Issue 1, pages 45–50, January 2012
How to Cite
Masi, C., Hamlish, T., Davis, A., Bordenave, K., Brown, S., Perea, B., Aduana, G., Wolfe, M., Bakris, G. and Johnson, D. (2012), Using an Established Telehealth Model to Train Urban Primary Care Providers on Hypertension Management. The Journal of Clinical Hypertension, 14: 45–50. doi: 10.1111/j.1751-7176.2011.00559.x
- Issue published online: 3 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 2 DEC 2011
- Manuscript received: June 29, 2011; Revised: August 30, 2011; Accepted: September 15, 2011
- 1Recent trends in the prevalence of high blood pressure and its treatment and control, 1999–2008. NCHS Data Brief. 2010;48:1–8., , .
- 2Hypertension Working Group of the National Institutes of Health. Working Group Report on Primary Prevention of Hypertension. Bethesda, MD: Hypertension Working Group of the National Institutes of Health; 2000.
- 3Prevalence of hypertension and controlled hypertension – United States, 2005–2008. MMWR Surveill Summ. 2011;60:94–97., .
- 7Institute of Medicine. A Population-Based Policy and Systems Change Approach to Prevent and Control Hypertension. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press; 2010.
- 9Institute of Medicine. Redesigning Continuing Education in the Health Professions. Washington, DC: National Academy Press; 2009.
- 11Social Foundations of Thought and Action: A Social Cognitive Theory. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall; 1986..
- 12Mind in Society: The Development of Higher Psychological Processes. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press; 1978..
- 13Situated Learning Theory: Legitimate Peripheral Participation. New York, NY: Cambridge University Press; 1991., .
- 23Self Efficacy: The Exercise of Control. New York, NY: W.H. Freeman and Co.; 1997..