*A list of the ALLHAT Collaborative Research Group members has been published previously in JAMA. 2002;288:2981–2997.
Mortality and Morbidity During and After the Antihypertensive and Lipid-Lowering Treatment to Prevent Heart Attack Trial
Article first published online: 9 DEC 2011
© 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
The Journal of Clinical Hypertension
Volume 14, Issue 1, pages 20–31, January 2012
How to Cite
Cushman, W. C., Davis, B. R., Pressel, S. L., Cutler, J. A., Einhorn, P. T., Ford, C. E., Oparil, S., Probstfield, J. L., Whelton, P. K., Wright, J. T., Alderman, M. H., Basile, J. N., Black, H. R., Grimm, R. H., Hamilton, B. P., Julian Haywood, L., Ong, S. T., Piller, L. B., Simpson, L. M., Stanford, C., Weiss, R. J. and for the ALLHAT Collaborative Research Group (2012), Mortality and Morbidity During and After the Antihypertensive and Lipid-Lowering Treatment to Prevent Heart Attack Trial. The Journal of Clinical Hypertension, 14: 20–31. doi: 10.1111/j.1751-7176.2011.00568.x
Clinical trial registration: http://www.clinictaltrials.gov, NCT00000542.
- Issue published online: 3 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 9 DEC 2011
- Manuscript received: July 25, 2011; Revised: September 30, 2011; Accepted: October 3, 2011
This article has been cited by:
- 1Should Antihypertensive Treatment Recommendations Differ in Patients With and Without Coronary Heart Disease? (from the Antihypertensive and Lipid-Lowering Treatment to Prevent Heart Attack Trial [ALLHAT]), The American Journal of Cardiology, 2015,, , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 2Treatment of hypertension in patients with coronary artery disease, Journal of the American Society of Hypertension, 2015, 9, 6, 453, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 3Treatment of Hypertension in Patients With Coronary Artery Disease, Journal of the American College of Cardiology, 2015, 65, 18, 1998, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 4Characteristics and Long-Term Follow-Up of Participants with Peripheral Arterial Disease During ALLHAT, Journal of General Internal Medicine, 2014, 29, 11, 1475, , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 5Pharmacotherapy for Hypertension in Older Adults: A Systematic Review, Drugs & Aging, 2014, 31, 12, 897, , , ,
- 6Stroke outcomes among participants randomized to chlorthalidone, amlodipine or lisinopril in ALLHAT, Journal of the American Society of Hypertension, 2014, 8, 11, 808, , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 7Hypertension, Primary Care: Clinics in Office Practice, 2013, 40, 1, 179, , ,
- 8Hypertension in Black Patients: An Update, Postgraduate Medicine, 2013, 125, 3, 127,
- You have free access to this content9Long-Term Follow-Up of Moderately Hypercholesterolemic Hypertensive Patients Following Randomization to Pravastatin vs Usual Care: The Antihypertensive and Lipid-Lowering Treatment to Prevent Heart Attack Trial (ALLHAT-LLT), The Journal of Clinical Hypertension, 2013, 15, 8, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 10Strategies to improve control of blood pressure in hypertension: moving towards a 70% objective, Expert Review of Cardiovascular Therapy, 2013, 11, 6, 653, ,
- 11Improved Understanding and Innovative Approaches for an Aging Dilemma: Resistant Hypertension in Women with Existing Vascular Disease, Current Cardiovascular Risk Reports, 2012, 6, 5, 450, ,