COMMON QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS IN THE MANAGEMENT OF HYPERTENSION Debbie L. Cohen, MD; Raymond R. Townsend, MD, Section Editors
The Salt Controversy and Hypertension
Article first published online: 13 FEB 2012
© 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
The Journal of Clinical Hypertension
Volume 14, Issue 4, pages 265–266, April 2012
How to Cite
Cohen, D. L. and Townsend, R. R. (2012), The Salt Controversy and Hypertension. The Journal of Clinical Hypertension, 14: 265–266. doi: 10.1111/j.1751-7176.2012.00594.x
- Issue published online: 28 MAR 2012
- Article first published online: 13 FEB 2012
- 1US Department of Health and Human Services. Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2005, Vol. 6th edn. Washington, DC: US Department of Health and Human Services, US Department of Agriculture; 2005. http://www.health.gov/dietaryguidelines/dga2005/document/pdf/dga2005.pdf. Accessed February 6, 2012.
- 2Institute of Medicine. Strategies to Reduce Sodium Intake in the United States. http://iom.edu/Reports/2010/Strategies-to-Reduce-Sodium-Intake-in-the-United-States.aspx. Accessed February 6, 2012.
- 3Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Application of lower sodium intake recommendations to adults – United States; 1999–2006. Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2009;58:281–283.