Comparative Effectiveness of Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme Inhibitors and Angiotensin Receptor Blockers for Hypertension on Clinical End Points: A Cohort Study
Version of Record online: 9 APR 2012
© 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
The Journal of Clinical Hypertension
Volume 14, Issue 7, pages 407–414, July 2012
How to Cite
Roy, J., Shah, N. R., Wood, G. C., Townsend, R. and Hennessy, S. (2012), Comparative Effectiveness of Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme Inhibitors and Angiotensin Receptor Blockers for Hypertension on Clinical End Points: A Cohort Study. The Journal of Clinical Hypertension, 14: 407–414. doi: 10.1111/j.1751-7176.2012.00617.x
- Issue online: 2 JUL 2012
- Version of Record online: 9 APR 2012
- Manuscript received: December 15, 2011; Revised: January 29, 2012; Accepted: February 3, 2012
- 2National Center for Health Statistics. Health, United States, 2009. Hyattsville, MD: National Center for Health Statistics; 2010 Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/hyprtens.htm. Accessed December 10, 2010.
- 3Comparative Effectiveness of Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme Inhibitors (ACE Inhibitor) and Angiotensin II Receptor Antagonists (ARB) for Treating Essential Hypertension. (CER 10). Prepared by Duke EPC under Contract No. 290-02-0025. Rockville, MD: AHRQ; 2007., , , et al.
- 7TRANSCEND Investigators, , , et al. Effects of the angiotensin-receptor blocker telmisartan on cardiovascular events in high-risk patients intolerant to angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors: a randomised controlled trial. The Lancet. 2008;372:1174–1183.
- 9Constructing a control group using multivariate matched sampling methods that incorporate the propensity score. Am Stat. 1985;39:33–38., .
- 14Modeling Survival Data: Extending the Cox Model, 2nd ed. New York, NY: Springer; 2000., .