Safety and Efficacy of Aliskiren/Amlodipine/Hydrochlorothiazide Triple Combination in Patients With Moderate to Severe Hypertension: A 54-Week, Open-Label Study
Version of Record online: 28 AUG 2012
© 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
The Journal of Clinical Hypertension
Volume 14, Issue 12, pages 821–827, December 2012
How to Cite
Murray, A. V., Koenig, W., Garcia-Puig, J., Patel, S., PhD, A. U. and Zhang, J. (2012), Safety and Efficacy of Aliskiren/Amlodipine/Hydrochlorothiazide Triple Combination in Patients With Moderate to Severe Hypertension: A 54-Week, Open-Label Study. The Journal of Clinical Hypertension, 14: 821–827. doi: 10.1111/j.1751-7176.2012.00706.x
- Issue online: 3 DEC 2012
- Version of Record online: 28 AUG 2012
- Manuscript received: March 30, 2012; revised: July 2, 2012; accepted: July 5, 2012
- 1Current concepts of pharmacotherapy in hypertension – fixed dose combination antihypertensive therapy: is this the future? J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich). 2000;2:46–53..
- 12Recommendations for human blood pressure determination by sphygmomanometers: Report of a special task force appointed by the Steering Committee, American Heart Association. Hypertension. 1988;11:210A–222A., , , et al.
- 13International Conference on Harmonization. E1: The extent of population exposure to assess clinical safety for drugs intended for long-term treatment of non-life-threatening conditions. International Conference on Harmonization 1994.
- 17Major outcomes in high-risk hypertensive patients randomized to angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor or calcium channel blocker vs diuretic: the Antihypertensive and Lipid-Lowering Treatment to Prevent Heart Attack Trial (ALLHAT). JAMA. 2002;288:2981–2997.
- 21Combination therapy with various combinations of aliskiren, valsartan, and hydrochlorothiazide in hypertensive patients not adequately responsive to hydrochlorothiazide alone. J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich). 2009;11:324–332., , , et al.
- 28Comparison of aliskiren/hydrochlorothiazide combination therapy with hydrochlorothiazide monotherapy in older patients with stage 2 systolic hypertension: results of the ACTION study. J Clin Hypertens. 2011;13:162–169., , , et al.
- 29Aliskiren alone or in combination with hydrochlorothiazide in patients with the lower ranges of stage 2 hypertension: The ACQUIRE randomized double-blind study. J Clin Hypertens. 2011;12:917–926., , , et al.