Present addresses: Systems Bioinformatics IBIVU, Free University of Amsterdam, 1081HV Amsterdam, the Netherlands;
Genome-scale diversity and niche adaptation analysis of Lactococcus lactis by comparative genome hybridization using multi-strain arrays
Article first published online: 21 FEB 2011
© 2011 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2011 Society for Applied Microbiology and Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Special Issue: Lactic Acid Bacteria. Editors: Michiel Kleerebezem and Willem M. de Vos.
Volume 4, Issue 3, pages 383–402, May 2011
How to Cite
Siezen, R. J., Bayjanov, J. R., Felis, G. E., van der Sijde, M. R., Starrenburg, M., Molenaar, D., Wels, M., van Hijum, S. A. F. T. and van Hylckama Vlieg, J. E. T. (2011), Genome-scale diversity and niche adaptation analysis of Lactococcus lactis by comparative genome hybridization using multi-strain arrays. Microbial Biotechnology, 4: 383–402. doi: 10.1111/j.1751-7915.2011.00247.x
Authors' contributions: G.F., D.M., R.S. and J.H.V. conceived the study. G.F. and M.S. performed the experimental work, while J.B., D.M., M.W., and M.v.d.S. performed the bioinformatics analyses. R.S., G.F. and J.H.V. wrote the article. S.v.H. supervised the bioinformatics analyses performed by M.v.d.S. and J.B. and corrected the article. All authors have read and approved the final manuscript.
- Issue published online: 25 APR 2011
- Article first published online: 21 FEB 2011
- Received 15 October, 2010; accepted 28 December, 2010.
This article has been cited by:
- 1Characterization of plant-derived lactococci on the basis of their volatile compounds profile when grown in milk, International Journal of Food Microbiology, 2014, 172, 57, , , ,
- 2Draft Genome Sequence of Lactococcus lactis subsp. cremoris HPT, the First Defined-Strain Dairy Starter Culture Bacterium, Genome Announcements, 2014, 2, 2, e00107-14, , , ,
- 3Production of Aroma Compounds in Lactic Fermentations, Annual Review of Food Science and Technology, 2014, 5, 1, 313, ,
- 4Explaining microbial phenotypes on a genomic scale: GWAS for microbes, Briefings in Functional Genomics, 2013, 12, 4, 366, , , , , ,
- 5From physiology to systems metabolic engineering for the production of biochemicals by lactic acid bacteria, Biotechnology Advances, 2013, 31, 6, 764, , , , ,
- 6Genotype-phenotype matching analysis of 38 Lactococcus lactis strains using random forest methods, BMC Microbiology, 2013, 13, 1, 68, , , , ,
- 7Pangenomics – an avenue to improved industrial starter cultures and probiotics, Current Opinion in Biotechnology, 2013, 24, 2, 187, , ,
- 8Towards metagenome-scale models for industrial applications—the case of Lactic Acid Bacteria, Current Opinion in Biotechnology, 2013, 24, 2, 200, , ,
- 102012,, ,
- You have open access to this content11