Gus Kaufman, Jr., PhD, is Clinical Director, Men Stopping Violence, Inc., 1020 DeKalb Ave., N.E., Atlanta, GA 30307.
THE MYSTERIOUS DISAPPEARANCE OF BATTERED WOMEN IN FAMILY THERAPISTS' OFFICES: MALE PRIVILEGE COLLUDING WITH MALE VIOLENCE
Article first published online: 8 JUN 2007
Journal of Marital and Family Therapy
Volume 18, Issue 3, pages 233–243, July 1992
How to Cite
Kaufman, G. (1992), THE MYSTERIOUS DISAPPEARANCE OF BATTERED WOMEN IN FAMILY THERAPISTS' OFFICES: MALE PRIVILEGE COLLUDING WITH MALE VIOLENCE. Journal of Marital and Family Therapy, 18: 233–243. doi: 10.1111/j.1752-0606.1992.tb00936.x
This paper was originally presented at the Presidential Plenary, “Abuse and Violence: The Dark Side of the Family,” at the annual meeting of the American Family Therapy Association, San Diego, CA, June, 1991.
Kathleen Carlin, MSW, Executive Director of Men Stopping Violence, Inc., has been my primary mentor in this work for 9 years-the overall framework of analysis and many of the specific examples here are based on her work.
- Issue published online: 8 JUN 2007
- Article first published online: 8 JUN 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!