Lenore M. McWey, PhD, Department of Family and Child Sciences, Florida State University; Tammy L. Henderson, PhD, and Susan Tice, MA, Department of Human Development, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.
MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES AND THE FOSTER CARE SYSTEM: AN EXAMINATION OF THE IMPACT OF THE ADOPTION AND SAFE FAMILIES ACT
Article first published online: 1 MAY 2007
Journal of Marital and Family Therapy
Volume 32, Issue 2, pages 195–214, April 2006
How to Cite
McWey, L. M., Henderson, T. L. and Tice, S. N. (2006), MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES AND THE FOSTER CARE SYSTEM: AN EXAMINATION OF THE IMPACT OF THE ADOPTION AND SAFE FAMILIES ACT. Journal of Marital and Family Therapy, 32: 195–214. doi: 10.1111/j.1752-0606.2006.tb01600.x
The authors would like to extend their deep appreciation to Jenny Burroughs, Courtney Johnson, Liz Gilchrest, Amber Nutter, and Yuling Su.
- Issue published online: 1 MAY 2007
- Article first published online: 1 MAY 2007
This article has been cited by:
- 1Some advantages to having a parent with a disability, Journal of Medical Ethics, 2015, medethics-2015-102666,
- 2Calculating All of Our Losses: Writing Real-World Therapy Experiences in Child Welfare, Journal of Feminist Family Therapy, 2012, 24, 1, 79, , ,
- 3Women Who Have Their Parental Rights Removed by the State: The Interplay of Trauma and Oppression, Journal of Feminist Family Therapy, 2010, 22, 3, 171, , , ,
- 4Qualitative Inquiry and Family Therapist Identity Construction Through Community-Based Child Welfare Practice, Journal of Feminist Family Therapy, 2009, 21, 1, 39, , , , , ,
- 5Clinical Training of MFTs for Adoption, Foster Care, and Child Development Settings: A Comparative Survey of CACREP, COAMFTE, and CSWE Accredited Programs, Journal of Family Psychotherapy, 2008, 19, 3, 277, , , ,