Jennifer Block-Lerner, PhD, La Salle University; Carrie Adair, BA, Skidmore College; Jennifer C. Plumb, BS, University of Nevada–Reno; Deborah L. Rhatigan, PhD, University of Tennessee–Knoxville; Susan M. Orsillo, PhD, Suffolk University.
The case for mindfulness-based approaches in the cultivation of empathy: Does nonjudgmental, present-moment awareness increase capacity for perspective-taking and empathic concern?
Article first published online: 11 OCT 2007
Journal of Marital and Family Therapy
Volume 33, Issue 4, pages 501–516, October 2007
How to Cite
Block-Lerner, J., Adair, C., Plumb, J. C., Rhatigan, D. L. and Orsillo, S. M. (2007), The case for mindfulness-based approaches in the cultivation of empathy: Does nonjudgmental, present-moment awareness increase capacity for perspective-taking and empathic concern?. Journal of Marital and Family Therapy, 33: 501–516. doi: 10.1111/j.1752-0606.2007.00034.x
- Issue published online: 11 OCT 2007
- Article first published online: 11 OCT 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!