Shaifali Sandhya, PhD, is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Core Faculty, The Adler School of Professional Psychology.
The Social Context of Marital Happiness in Urban Indian Couples: Interplay of Intimacy and Conflict
Version of Record online: 29 DEC 2008
© 2009 American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
Journal of Marital and Family Therapy
Volume 35, Issue 1, pages 74–96, January 2009
How to Cite
Sandhya, S. (2009), The Social Context of Marital Happiness in Urban Indian Couples: Interplay of Intimacy and Conflict. Journal of Marital and Family Therapy, 35: 74–96. doi: 10.1111/j.1752-0606.2008.00103.x
This research was conducted as part of the author’s doctoral dissertation at The University of Chicago and funded by the Andrew Mellon Foundation, the Committee on South Asian Studies, and graduate fellowships from the Committee on Human Development (1997–2002).
The author thanks Nancy Stein, PhD, Froma Walsh, PhD, and the late Thomas Trabasso, PhD, for their encouragement and support. The author also thanks Drs. Bertram Cohler, Richard Taub, Edward Laumann, Marvin Zonis, and Vivian Skolnick for their comments and feedback during the preparation of the manuscript. Finally, the author is grateful to the couples for volunteering their time and insight towards this study.
- Issue online: 29 DEC 2008
- Version of Record online: 29 DEC 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!