Elisabeth E. Esmiol, PhD(c), is an Assistant Professor of Marriage and Family Therapy, Division of Social Sciences, Pacific Lutheran University; Carmen Knudson-Martin, PhD, is a Professor and Director of the Marriage and Family Therapy PhD Program, Department of Counseling and Family Sciences, Loma Linda University; Sarah Delgado, MS, is a student in the DMFT (Doctorate in Marriage and Family Therapy) program, Department of Counseling and Family Sciences, Loma Linda University.
Developing a Contextual Consciousness: Learning to Address Gender, Societal Power, and Culture in Clinical Practice
Article first published online: 2 MAY 2011
© 2012 American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
Journal of Marital and Family Therapy
Volume 38, Issue 4, pages 573–588, October 2012
How to Cite
Esmiol, E. E., Knudson-Martin, C. and Delgado, S. (2012), Developing a Contextual Consciousness: Learning to Address Gender, Societal Power, and Culture in Clinical Practice. Journal of Marital and Family Therapy, 38: 573–588. doi: 10.1111/j.1752-0606.2011.00232.x
This project was completed while Elisabeth E. Esmiol was a doctoral student at Loma Linda University. Portions of this project were presented at the 2008 annual meeting of the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy, Nashville, Tennessee.
- Issue published online: 15 OCT 2012
- Article first published online: 2 MAY 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!