Elisabeth E. Esmiol, PhD(c), is an Assistant Professor of Marriage and Family Therapy, Division of Social Sciences, Pacific Lutheran University; Carmen Knudson-Martin, PhD, is a Professor and Director of the Marriage and Family Therapy PhD Program, Department of Counseling and Family Sciences, Loma Linda University; Sarah Delgado, MS, is a student in the DMFT (Doctorate in Marriage and Family Therapy) program, Department of Counseling and Family Sciences, Loma Linda University.
Developing a Contextual Consciousness: Learning to Address Gender, Societal Power, and Culture in Clinical Practice
Article first published online: 2 MAY 2011
© 2012 American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
Journal of Marital and Family Therapy
Volume 38, Issue 4, pages 573–588, October 2012
How to Cite
Esmiol, E. E., Knudson-Martin, C. and Delgado, S. (2012), Developing a Contextual Consciousness: Learning to Address Gender, Societal Power, and Culture in Clinical Practice. Journal of Marital and Family Therapy, 38: 573–588. doi: 10.1111/j.1752-0606.2011.00232.x
This project was completed while Elisabeth E. Esmiol was a doctoral student at Loma Linda University. Portions of this project were presented at the 2008 annual meeting of the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy, Nashville, Tennessee.
- Issue published online: 15 OCT 2012
- Article first published online: 2 MAY 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!