Hanna Van Parys, MPsy, is research assistant at the Institute for Family and Sexuality Studies, University of Leuven, and family therapist in Context (UPC KU Leuven), Belgium. Peter Rober, PhD, is family therapist in Context (UPC KU Leuven) and full professor at the Institute for Family and Sexuality Studies, University of Leuven, Belgium.
Trying to Comfort the Parent: A Qualitative Study of Children Dealing With Parental Depression
Article first published online: 14 MAY 2012
© 2012 American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
Journal of Marital and Family Therapy
Volume 39, Issue 3, pages 330–345, July 2013
How to Cite
Van Parys, H. and Rober, P. (2013), Trying to Comfort the Parent: A Qualitative Study of Children Dealing With Parental Depression. Journal of Marital and Family Therapy, 39: 330–345. doi: 10.1111/j.1752-0606.2012.00304.x
We would like to thank Dr. Lili De Vooght, Lieven Migerode, Barbara Lavrysen, and all staff members of the unit Anxiety and Depression of the University Hospital Leuven, Belgium, for their cooperative support of this research.
Portions of this article were presented at the 1st International Congress on Dialectical Practices, September 2011, Helsinki, Finland.
The authors disclosed receipt of the following financial support for the research: The Research Foundation—Flanders (FWO).
- Issue published online: 16 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 14 MAY 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!