Paper No. JAWRA-10-0177-P of the Journal of the American Water Resources Association (JAWRA). Discussions are open until six months from print publication.
A Web-Based Decision Support System for Assessing Regional Water-Quality Conditions and Management Actions1
Version of Record online: 8 AUG 2011
© 2011 American Water Resources Association. This article is a U.S. Government work and is in the public domain in the USA
JAWRA Journal of the American Water Resources Association
Volume 47, Issue 5, pages 1136–1150, October 2011
How to Cite
Booth, N. L., Everman, E. J., Kuo, I.-L., Sprague, L. and Murphy, L. (2011), A Web-Based Decision Support System for Assessing Regional Water-Quality Conditions and Management Actions. JAWRA Journal of the American Water Resources Association, 47: 1136–1150. doi: 10.1111/j.1752-1688.2011.00573.x
Re-use of this article is permitted in accordance with the Terms and Conditions set out at http://wileyonlinelibrary.com/onlineopen#OnlineOpen_Terms
- Issue online: 10 OCT 2011
- Version of Record online: 8 AUG 2011
- Received October 7, 2010; accepted May 6, 2011.
- 2008. Differences in Phosphorus and Nitrogen Delivery to the Gulf of Mexico From the Mississippi River Basin. Environmental Science and Technology 42:822-830. , , , , , and ,
- 2007. Dissolved Solids in Basin-Fill Aquifers and Streams in the Southwestern United States. U.S. Geological Survey Scientific Investigations Report 2006-5315, Flagstaff, Arizona. , , , , , , , , and ,
- this issue. Digital Hydrologic Networks Supporting Applications Related to Spatially Referenced Regression Modeling. Journal of the American Water Resources Association. doi: 10.1111/j.1752-1688.2011.00578.x. , , and ,
- 2008. Extensible Markup Language (XML) 1.0 (Fifth Edition). World Wide Web Consortium. http://www.w3.org/TR/xml/, accessed May 2010. , , , , and ,
- this issue. Nutrient Sources and Transport in the Missouri River Basin, With Emphasis on the Effects of Irrigation and Reservoirs. Journal of the American Water Resources Association. doi: 10.1111/j.1752-1688.2011.00584.x. , , and ,
- this issue. A Regional Modeling Framework of Phosphorus Sources and Transport in Streams of the Southeastern United States. Journal of the American Water Resources Association, doi: 10.1111/j.1752-1688.2010.00517.x. , , and ,
- 2010. A Network-Based Model for Quantifying Regional-Scale Nitrogen Transport With River Basin Systems. Environmental Modeling & Software 25(12):1713-1721. , , and ,
- 2008. Linking Environmental Risk Assessment and Communication: An Experiment in Co-Evolving Scientific and Social Knowledge. International Journal of Global Environmental Issues 8(1/2):132-146. and ,
- 2009. Spatial Analysis of Instream Nitrogen Loads and Factors Controlling Nitrogen Delivery to Streams in the Southeastern United States Using Spatially Referenced Regression on Watershed Attributes (SPARROW) and Regional Classification Frameworks Hydrologic Processes 23(16):2275-2294. and ,
- Horizon Systems Corporation, 2009. National Hydrography Dataset Plus (NHDPlus). http://www.horizon-systems.com/nhdplus/, accessed September 30, 2009.
- 2003. Loosely Coupled: The Missing Pieces of Web Services. RDS Press, Marin County, California. ,
- 2004. Estimation of Total Nitrogen and Phosphorus in New England Streams Using Spatially Referenced Regression Models. U.S. Geological Survey Scientific Investigations Report 2004-5012, Pembroke, New Hampshire. , , , and ,
- this issue. Source and Delivery of Nutrients to Receiving Waters in the Northeastern and Mid-Atlantic Regions of the United States. Journal of the American Water Resources Association. doi: 10.1111/j.1752-1688.2011.00582.x. , , , and ,
- 2002. ERF1_2 – Enhanced River Reach File. U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 2002-40, U.S. Geological Survey, Reston, Virginia. , , , and ,
- Oracle, 2009. Oracle Fusion Middleware MapViewer 10g (10.1.3.3). http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/mapviewer/pdf/mapviewer10g_business_wp.pdf, accessed July 30, 2010.
- 2004. Interoperable Services for Web-Based Spatial Decision Support, “7th AGILE Conference on Geographic Information Science” 29 April-1 May 2004, Heraklion, Greece. http://plone.itc.nl/agile_old/Conference/greece2004/papers/P-13_Ostlander.pdf, accessed July 2010. ,
- this issue. Regional Variability in the Factors Affecting Stream Nutrient Loads: A Synthesis of SPARROW Modeling Results for the Continental United States. Journal of the American Water Resources Association. doi: 10.1111/j.1752-1688.2011.00577.x. , , , and ,
- 1999. Application of Spatially Referenced Regression Modeling for the Evaluation of Total Nitrogen Loading in the Chesapeake Bay Watershed. U.S. Geological Survey Water Resources Investigations Report 99-4054, Baltimore, Maryland. and ,
- this issue. Sources and Transport of Total Nitrogen and Total Phosphorus in the Lower Mississippi River and Texas-Gulf Basins. Journal of the American Water Resources Association. doi: 10.1111/j.1752-1688.2011.00583.x. , , , , , and ,
- this issue. Nutrient Inputs to the Laurentian Great Lakes By Source and Watershed Estimated Using SPARROW Watershed Models. Journal of the American Water Resources Association, doi: 10.1111/j.1752-1688.2010.00574.x. and ,
- 2006. The SPARROW Surface Water-Quality Model: Theory, Application and User Documentation. U.S. Geological Survey Techniques and Methods Book 6, Section B, Chapter 3, U.S. Geological Survey, Reston, Virginia. http://pubs.usgs.gov/tm/2006/tm6b3/, accessed June 2010. , , , and ,
- 1994. 1:250,000-Scale Hydrologic Units of the United States. U.S. Geological Survey Scientific Open-File Report 94-0236, Reston, Virginia. and ,
- Sun Microsystems, 2009. Java™2Platform, Enterprise Edition Technical Overview (J2EE Overview), Website. http://java.sun.com/j2ee/reference/whitepapers/j2ee_guide.pdf, accessed July 30, 2010.
- USEPA (U.S. Environmental Protection Agency), 2010. Status of Available Data. http://iaspub.epa.gov/waters10/attains_status.state_status, accessed June 2010.
- USGS (U.S. Geological Survey), 2010. The National Map. http://nationalmap.gov, accessed May 2010.
- 2009. Geospatial Data Sets for the Development of SPARROW Models in Major River Basins of the United States. http://water.usgs.gov/nawqa/modeling/rf1attributes.html, accessed June 2010. ,
- this issue. Assessment of Surface-Water Nutrient Conditions and Sources in the United States Pacific Northwest. Journal of the American Water Resources Association. doi: 10.1111/j.1752-1688.2011.00580.x. and ,