Estimation of effective number of breeders from molecular coancestry of single cohort sample
Article first published online: 18 MAR 2008
© 2008 The Author. Journal compilation © 2008 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Volume 1, Issue 3, pages 462–474, August 2008
How to Cite
Nomura, T. (2008), Estimation of effective number of breeders from molecular coancestry of single cohort sample. Evolutionary Applications, 1: 462–474. doi: 10.1111/j.1752-4571.2008.00015.x
- Issue published online: 31 JUL 2008
- Article first published online: 18 MAR 2008
- Received: 20 June 2007 Accepted: 17 December 2007
- 2003. A simulated annealing algorithm for maximum likelihood pedigree reconstruction. Theoretical Population Biology 63:63–75. .
- 1999. Estimation of single-generation sibling relationships based on DNA markers. Journal of Agricultural, Biology, and Environmental Statistics 4:136–165. , and .
- 2003. Conservation genetics. In D. J.Balding, M.Bishop, and C.Cannings, eds. Handbook of Statistical Genetics, pp. 779–812. Wiley, London.
- 2003. DNA-based methods for pedigree reconstruction and kinship analysis in natural populations. Trends in Ecology and Evolution 18:503–511.
- 2004. Accuracy, efficiency and robustness of four algorithms allowing full sibship reconstruction from DNA marker data. Molecular Ecology 13:1589–1600. , , , and .
- 1994. Developments in the prediction of effective population size. Heredity 73:657–679. .
- 1970. An Introduction to Population Genetics Theory. Burgess Publishing, Minneapolis. , and .
- 1955. Measurement of gene frequency drift in small populations. Evolution 9:202–214. , and .
- 1996. Introduction to Quantitative Genetics, 4th edn. Longman, Essex. , and .
- 2006. A new method to estimate relatedness from molecular markers. Molecular Ecology 15:1657–1667. , and .
- 1995. Effective population size/adult population size ratios in wildlife: a review. Genetical Research 66:95–106. .
- 1981. Estimation of effective population size from data on linkage disequilibrium. Genetical Research 38:209–216. .
- 2005. Genetic approaches for estimating the effective size of populations. The Journal of Wildlife Management 69:1385–1399. .
- 1999. Estimating the effective number of breeders from heterozygote excess in progeny. Genetics 151:1211–1216. , and .
- 1999. Estimation of pairwise relatedness with molecular markers. Genetics 152:1753–1766. , and .
- 1948. Les mathématiques de l’hérédité. Masson et Cie, Paris. .
- 1987. Introduction to the Theory of Statistics, 3rd edn. McGraw-Hill, Singapore. , , and .
- 1981. Genetic drift and estimation of effective population size. Genetics 98:625–640. , and .
- 2005. Effective population size under random mating with a finite number of matings. Genetics 171:1441–1442. .
- 2006. Estimating relatedness between individuals in general populations with a focus on their use in conservation programs. Genetics 173:483–496. , , , and .
- 1983. A new method for estimating the effective population size from allele frequency changes. Genetics 104:531–548. .
- 1996. On the potential for estimating the effective number of breeders from heterozygote-excess in progeny. Genetics 144:383–387. , , and .
- 1996. Estimators for pairwise relatedness and individual inbreeding coefficients. Genetical Research 67:175–186. .
- 1965. The interpretation of genotype ratios in domestic animal populations. Animal Production 7:319–324.
- 1999. Review of DNA-based census and effective population size estimators. Animal Conservation 1:293–299. , , and .
- 2002. Sibship reconstruction in hierarchical population structure using Markov chain Monte Carlo techniques. Genetical Research 79:227–234. , and .
- 2002. Estimation of coancestry in Iberian pigs using molecular markers. Conservation Genetics 3:309–320. , , , , , and .
- 2003. Estimation of genetic variability of the founder population in a conservation scheme using microsatellites. Animal Genetics 34:226–228. , , and .
- 2004. Sibship reconstruction from genetic data with typing errors. Genetics 166:1963–1979. .
- 2005. Estimation of effective population sizes from data on genetic markers. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B 360:1395–1409. .
- 1989. A generalized approach for estimating effective population size from temporal changes in allele frequency. Genetics 121:379–391. .
- 1991. Genetic methods for estimating the effective size of cetacean populations. In A. R.Hoelzel, ed. Genetic Ecology of Whales and Dolphins, Special Issue 13, pp. 279–300. International Whale Commission, London. .