EDITORIAL: Editorial: 2008 year in review
Article first published online: 27 JAN 2009
© 2009 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2009 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Special Issue: Evolutionary Medicine
Volume 2, Issue 1, pages 1–6, February 2009
How to Cite
Tseng, M. and Bernatchez, L. (2009), EDITORIAL: Editorial: 2008 year in review. Evolutionary Applications, 2: 1–6. doi: 10.1111/j.1752-4571.2009.00068.x
- Issue published online: 27 JAN 2009
- Article first published online: 27 JAN 2009
- 2008. Adaptation, migration or extirpation: climate change outcomes for tree populations. Evolutionary Applications 1:95–111. , , , , and .
- 2008. Big dams and salmon evolution: changes in thermal regimes and their potential evolutionary consequences. Evolutionary Applications 1:286–299. , , , , , , and .
- 2008. Fitness of hatchery-reared salmonids in the wild. Evolutionary Applications 1:342–355. , , , and .
- 2008. Adaptation, extinction and global change. Evolutionary Applications 1:3–16. , and .
- 2008. Seed supply for broadscale restoration: maximizing evolutionary potential. Evolutionary Applications 1:587–597. , , , , , , and .
- 2008. Invasion thresholds and the evolution of nonequilibrium virulence. Evolutionary Applications 1:172–182. , and .
- 2008. Pathogen evolution across the agro-ecological interface: implications for disease management. Evolutionary Applications 1:57–65. , and .
- 2008. A review of quantitative genetic components of fitness in salmonids: implications for adaptation to future change. Evolutionary Applications 1:222–238. , and .
- 2008. Turner syndrome and the evolution of human sexual dimorphism. Evolutionary Applications 1:449–461.
- 2008. Potential responses to climate change in organisms with complex life histories: evolution and plasticity in Pacific salmon. Evolutionary Applications 1:252–270. , , , , , , et al.
- 2008. Why is HIV not vector-borne? Evolutionary Applications 1:17–27. , , and .
- 2008. Adaptive landscapes and density-dependent selection in declining salmonid populations: going beyond numerical responses to human disturbance. Evolutionary Applications 1:239–251. , , and .
- 2008. How well can captive breeding programs conserve biodiversity? Evolutionary Applications 1:535–586.
- 2008. Mixed evidence for reduced local adaptation in wild salmon resulting from interbreeding with escaped farmed salmon: complexities in hybrid fitness. Evolutionary Applications 1:501–512. , , , , and .
- 2008. Latitudinal variation in cold hardiness in introduced Tamarix and native Populus. Evolutionary Applications 1:598–607. , , , , and .
- 2008. Increase in maturation size after the closure of a high seas gillnet fishery on hatchery-reared chum salmon Oncorhynchus keta. Evolutionary Applications 1:376–387. , and .
- 2008. Introgression and dispersal among spotted owl (Strix occidentalis) subspecies. Evolutionary Applications 1:161–171. , , , and .
- 2008. Applications of graph theory to landscape genetics. Evolutionary Applications 1:620–630. , , , and .
- 2008. Clinal patterns of desiccation and starvation resistance in ancestral and invading populations of Drosophila subobscura. Evolutionary Applications 1:513–523. , , , , , and .
- 2008. Evolutionary consequences of fishing and their implications for salmon. Evolutionary Applications 1:388–408. , , , , , , and .
- 2008. Changes in selection and evolutionary responses in migratory brown trout following the construction of a fish ladder. Evolutionary Applications 1:319–335. , , , and .
- 2008. Consequences of sexual selection for fisheries-induced evolution: an exploratory analysis. Evolutionary Applications 1:129–136. , and .
- 2008. Conservation genetics as applied evolution: from genetic pattern to evolutionary process. Evolutionary Applications 1:84–94.
- 2008. Evolutionary origins of invasive populations. Evolutionary Applications 1:427–448. , and .
- 2008. Exploring the origin and degree of genetic isolation of Anopheles gambiae from the islands of São Tomé and Príncipe, potential sites for testing transgenic-based vector control. Evolutionary Applications 1:631–644. , , , , , , et al.
- 2008a. Evolutionary consequences of habitat loss for Pacific anadromous salmonids. Evolutionary Applications 1:300–318. , , , , , , et al.
- 2008b. Evolutionary effects of alternative artificial propagation programs: implications for viability of endangered anadromous salmonids. Evolutionary Applications 1:356–375. , , , , , , et al.
- 2008. Asymmetrical local adaptation of maize landraces along an altitudinal gradient. Evolutionary Applications 1:489–500. , , and .
- 2008. Virulence and resistance in a mosquito–microsporidium interaction. 1:49–56. , , , , , and .
- 2008. Rapid natural selection for resistance to an introduced parasite of rainbow trout. Evolutionary Applications 1:336–341. , and .
- 2008. The great opportunity: Evolutionary applications to medicine and public health. Evolutionary Applications 1:28–48. , and .
- 2008. Estimation of effective number of breeders from molecular coancestry of single cohort sample. Evolutionary Applications 1:462–474.
- 2008. Genetic, ecological, behavioral and geographic differentiation of populations in a thistle weevil: implications for speciation and biocontrol. Evolutionary Applications 1:112–128. , , , , , , et al.
- 2008. Small-scale biocomplexity in coastal Atlantic cod supporting a Darwinian perspective on fisheries management. Evolutionary Applications 1:524–533. , , , , , and .
- 2008. Adaptation as a potential response to sea-level rise: a genetic basis for salinity tolerance in populations of a coastal marsh fish. Evolutionary Applications 1:155–160. , , , and .
- 2008. Modeling genetic connectivity in sticklebacks as a guideline for river restoration. Evolutionary Applications 1:475–488. , , , , , and .
- 2008. The impact of fishing-induced mortality on the evolution of alternative life-history tactics in brook charr. Evolutionary Applications 1:409–423. , , , , and .
- 2008. Temporally stable genetic structure and low migration in an Atlantic salmon population complex: implications for conservation and management. Evolutionary Applications 1:137–154. , , , and .
- 2008. Male mating strategy and the introgression of a growth hormone transgene. Evolutionary Applications 1:608–619. , , and .
- 2008. Evolutionary history of Pacific salmon in dynamic environments. Evolutionary Applications 1:189–206. , , and .
- 2008. Evolutionary concepts in predicting and evaluating the impact of mass chemotherapy schistosomiasis control programmes on parasites and their hosts. 1:66–83. , , and .
- 2008. Potential for anthropogenic disturbances to influence evolutionary change in the life history of a threatened salmonid. Evolutionary Applications 1:271–285. , , , , and .
- 2008. Recurrent evolution of life history ecotypes in sockeye salmon: implications for conservation and future evolution. Evolutionary Applications 1:207–221. , , , , and .