Combining forces to target bacteria
Version of Record online: 4 JUL 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Evolutionary Applications published by Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited and is not used for commercial purposes.
Volume 5, Issue 6, pages 537–539, September 2012
How to Cite
Refardt, D. (2012), Combining forces to target bacteria. Evolutionary Applications, 5: 537–539. doi: 10.1111/j.1752-4571.2012.00255.x
- Issue online: 6 SEP 2012
- Version of Record online: 4 JUL 2012
- 2010. Antibiotic resistance and its cost: is it possible to reverse resistance?Nature Reviews Microbiology8:260–271. , and .
- 2005. Human volunteers receiving Escherichia coli phage T4 orally: a safety test of phage therapy. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy49:2874–2878. , and .
- 2012. Evolutionary dynamics of separate and combined exposure of Pseudomonas fluorescens SBW25 to antibiotics and bacteriophage. Evolutionary Applications [Epub ahead of print]. , , and .
- 2004. Big questions, small worlds: microbial model systems in ecology. Trends in Ecology & Evolution19:189–197. , , , , , , and .
- 2011. Implementation of guidelines for management of possible multidrug-resistant pneumonia in intensive care: an observational, multicentre cohort study. The Lancet Infectious Diseases11:181–189. , , , , , , et al.
- 2010. Phage therapy in clinical practice: treatment of human infections. Current Pharmaceutical Biotechnology11:69–86. , , , , , , and .
- 2004. Antibacterial resistance worldwide: causes, challenges and responses. Nature Medicine10:S122–S129. , and .
- 2011. Pros and cons of phage therapy. Bacteriophage1:111–114. , and .
- 1969. Rifampicin: a specific inhibitor of vaccinia virus assembly. Nature224:1280–1284. , , , and .
- 2004. Old dogma, new tricks—21st Century phage therapy. Nature Biotechnology22:31–36.
- 2011. Population biological principles of drug-resistance evolution in infectious diseases. The Lancet Infectious Diseases11:236–247. , , , , and .
- 2009. Drug interactions and the evolution of antibiotic resistance. Nature Reviews Microbiology7:460–466. , , , and .
- 2012. Phages limit the evolution of bacterial antibiotic resistance in experimental microcosms. Evolutionary Applications [Epub ahead of print]. , and .