Authorship Dr. Baydur designed the study, recruited subjects, monitored some of the exercise testing, centrifuged some of the plasma samples for subsequent assay, and wrote the paper. Dr. Alavy recruited study subjects, scheduled some of the pulmonary function testing and and monitored some of the exercise tests, and centrifuged some of the plasma samples for subsequent assay. Dr. Nawathe recruited study subjects, scheduled some of the pulmonary function and and monitored some of the exercise tests, and centrifuged some of the plasma samples for subsequent assay. Dr. Liu performed the high-sensitivity cytokine assays and statistical analyses to detect differences amongst cohorts and correlation analyses. Dr. Louie provided advice and guidance for the cytokine assays and provided the kits used to perform the assays. Dr. Sharma conceived of the idea for the study – namely to attempt to seek a relationship between fatigue in patients with sarcoidosis and plasma cytokine levels.
Fatigue and plasma cytokine concentrations at rest and during exercise in patients with sarcoidosis
Article first published online: 30 JUN 2010
© 2010 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
The Clinical Respiratory Journal
Volume 5, Issue 3, pages 156–164, July 2011
How to Cite
Baydur, A., Alavy, B., Nawathe, A., Liu, S., Louie, S. and Sharma, O. P. (2011), Fatigue and plasma cytokine concentrations at rest and during exercise in patients with sarcoidosis. The Clinical Respiratory Journal, 5: 156–164. doi: 10.1111/j.1752-699X.2010.00214.x
Ethics The study was approved by our institutional review board, and all subjects read and signed an informed consent document.
Conflict of interest The authors have stated explicitly that there are no conflicts of interest in connection with this article
- Issue published online: 17 JUN 2011
- Article first published online: 30 JUN 2010
- Received 8 February 2010 , Revision requested: 28 April 2010 , Accepted: 18 May 2010
- 1World Health Organization Quality of Life Group Field Trial WHOQOL – 100, February 1995: facet definitions and questions. 1995. MNH/PSF/95 IB, Geneva World Health Organization.
- 14Sarcoidosis. London, Chapman and Hall, 1985: 109., .
- 20Exercise testing in adult normal subjects and cardiac patients. Pediatrics. 1963;32: 742–55., , .